Tow Mirror Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bramic71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2022 Ram 2500. The truck did not come with tow mirrors, but did with power/heated mirrors. I contemplated the slip-on or snap-on tow mirrors. I also contemplated replacing the mirrors with tow mirrors. I watched the replacement video and didn't feel comfortable doing so myself. Is there anyway to splice in tow mirrors to the existing power Mirror wires? Or would it be best to get the slip-ons in your opinion? I am mechanically inclined but don't feel good about going into the door. Thanks

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Go the tow mirror route, you’ll be glad you did.

Field of vision is much better, and you’ll be able to adjust them while seated in the Ram, plus they should be heated as well.

The only Snap-on worth it’s weight are the tools :waytogo:

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I bought K-Source clip ons off of Amazon and they work great. Very sturdy, and they fit the look and style of Ram's mirrors, they are just a little longer. The disadvantage is that you have to manually adjust them but it depends on your budget and how often you plan to use them. I haven't had to adjust them yet after the initial setup, they serve me quite well.

aaronedmonton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
2022 Ram 2500. The truck did not come with tow mirrors, but did with power/heated mirrors. I contemplated the slip-on or snap-on tow mirrors. I also contemplated replacing the mirrors with tow mirrors. I watched the replacement video and didn't feel comfortable doing so myself. Is there anyway to splice in tow mirrors to the existing power Mirror wires? Or would it be best to get the slip-ons in your opinion? I am mechanically inclined but don't feel good about going into the door. Thanks
Post a picture of your current mirrors. I didn’t know the 2500s come without tow mirrors

OP
OP
Bramic71

Bramic71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought K-Source clip ons off of Amazon and they work great. Very sturdy, and they fit the look and style of Ram's mirrors, they are just a little longer. The disadvantage is that you have to manually adjust them but it depends on your budget and how often you plan to use them. I haven't had to adjust them yet after the initial setup, they serve me quite well.
Thank you for the response. I will take a look at those.

OP
OP
Bramic71

Bramic71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go the tow mirror route, you’ll be glad you did.

Field of vision is much better, and you’ll be able to adjust them while seated in the Ram, plus they should be heated as well.

The only Snap-on worth it’s weight are the tools :waytogo:
Tow mirrors are what I would love to have. I wish Ram would have a plug on the mirrors themselves instead of having to disassemble the door panels and get into the wiring. That is the part I dont feel comfortable doing.

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Taking the door cover off is easy. I bought colour match tow mirrors for my 2011 Ram 1500 after I had it lifted. A couple screws and push pin clips. Take off the 3 bolts holding the mirror on and undo the wiring clips, install the same way. Fast as it took no more then 1 hour for both doors. I watched a YouTube video first and then got at it. Straight forward process. I didn’t install the bolts to secure the frame supports as I didn’t have them on hand. I have them now, however didn’t bother to get them installed yet. I’ll be doing that after the snow is gone.

Elvira

Reaction score
Although tow mirrors will cost you to upgrade, well worth it. It is much easier to do the job than you are thinking too. Pretty straight forward, no hidden obstacles or wire splicing. Door panel removal is easy and the mirrors are plug and play providing you are staying with exact option you have now...power with puddle light and heated as an example. Either oem mirrors or after market as long as not chinese junk.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
My 2018 2500 didn't come with tow mirrors.

But like was said, easy job swapping them. Took me about 1 hour per side

OP
OP
Bramic71

Bramic71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you so much for all the replies. I believe I might be overthinking it. My mirrors are not power folding and do not have turn signals. Now that I understand, I believe if I just get the power and heated mirrors that I currently have in the tow version they will be plug and play.
I was reading about having to get the computer flashed I thought. I now believe that was if I was going to the power folding or mirrors with running light/turn signals.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Thank you so much for all the replies. I believe I might be overthinking it. My mirrors are not power folding and do not have turn signals. Now that I understand, I believe if I just get the power and heated mirrors that I currently have in the tow version they will be plug and play.
I was reading about having to get the computer flashed I thought. I now believe that was if I was going to the power folding or mirrors with running light/turn signals.
As mentioned it is an easy swap to do. I would make sure you also order the ‘Supporting Brackets’ that Mopar offers. It’s cheap insurance in doing the swap correctly.

Tow mirrors are larger, bigger, and heavier. The support bracket ( one for each side) compensate and take that into account. :waytogo:

Btw…. Mine are Oem and we’re plug and play. Heated, electric, and signals work correctly. Didn’t need any ‘flash’.

OP
OP
Bramic71

Bramic71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As mentioned it is an easy swap to do. I would make sure you also order the ‘Supporting Brackets’ that Mopar offers. It’s cheap insurance in doing the swap correctly.

Tow mirrors are larger, bigger, and heavier. The support bracket ( one for each side) compensate and take that into account. :waytogo:

Btw…. Mine are Oem and we’re plug and play. Heated, electric, and signals work correctly. Didn’t need any ‘flash’.
I called the local Ram dealer in Pensacola today. They told me that there are no tow mirror options for the 2022 Ram 2500 Tradesman. That makes zero sense to me. I would be happy to purchase an aftermarket set as I don't need power-fold or turn signals. I completely struck out today while looking. Even fou d some slip-ons, but in the notes it said does not fit Tradesman or Power Wagon. My ultimate goal is to replace the whole mirrors without breaking the bank.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
I called the local Ram dealer in Pensacola today. They told me that there are no tow mirror options for the 2022 Ram 2500 Tradesman. That makes zero sense to me. I would be happy to purchase an aftermarket set as I don't need power-fold or turn signals. I completely struck out today while looking. Even fou d some slip-ons, but in the notes it said does not fit Tradesman or Power Wagon. My ultimate goal is to replace the whole mirrors without breaking the bank.
Sounds odd. My son has a 2021 2500 Night Edition and it came with tow mirrors. I would think the 2022 would be the same?
But when I went to buy my tow mirrors I called several dealers and there were only like 6 sets available in the country. I called 3 dealers. 1 only had 1 mirror, 1 wasn't power fold and 1 in Michigan had them but refused to sell them so I went with the Trail Ridge. So maybe they just can't get them?

OP
OP
Bramic71

Bramic71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, very odd. Can't even find aftermarket. At a loss so far, and have to pick up our camper in a week ‍♂️

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
They must have been offered on the 2500’s.

Doors are the same, would think it’s interchangeable

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Never ask anyone but a guy in the Parts Dept about parts

Then when you want to ask them if any Ram 2500 of that year had Tow Mirrors

All cabs, front doors, seats, etc. of that year will be the same shape & size, so they are interchangeable

Parts people like Benny, he is one of our Vendors on this site, is willing to look up parts for us, sometimes he will need a VIN number from a truck that has the part on it.

Right now some Mopar parts are on back order
In that case you may need to go after market

OP
OP
Bramic71

Bramic71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

putergeeks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have the opposite problem as the OP. I have tow mirrors on my 2019 but wish I had power-folding mirrors. My garage is narrow and it would help to be able to fold them in as I did on my last two trucks.