Towing tuners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgmartinez274

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Advise on a Towing tuner for my 2004.5 Cummins. Thank you all in advance for your help.

OP
OP
J

jgmartinez274

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I upgraded my transmission recently and it feels like am not getting good throttle response. I don’t have enough $$$ to upgrade the stock turbo just yet and I was told I could install a tuner.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Work with a custom tuner that will write a tune to also address trans tuning to keep line pressures where they need to be to help the trans live longer. Don't just throw power tunes at it. First though you should verify the engine is up to par and you don't have a boost leak or bad injector. Tuning won't fix that.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve seen a bunch of people go down this rabbit hole.

“Upgraded” transmission underperforms because they tamper with the torque converter and shift parameters. Which were originally matched to the engine.

What you’re feeling is a LESS efficient transmission.

I have been down that road. If you uprate the engine stay mild, more power just exposes more weak links to spend on.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
What upgrades were done to the transmission?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca