Towing with the bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I would not use that bumper for anything but looking shiny. But a hitch at U haul and wire it properly. Being safe and even above is ALWAYS best!
Neither would I but our opinions on the matter have no bearing on whether or not the bumper can be used. If Fiat or Ram or Chrysler have it in the manual that it is okay for lighter duty use than guess what, it's okay for later duty use.

Mike Garvey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just buy the 2" receiver that curt or other companies sell. The cross bar for hitch is factory installed. Kit is like $70 and is class 3 unit. That's what I did on my '19 express

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
I have a 2020 RAM 1500 Classic that has a rear bumper with a hole for the ball hitch to be installed. The only question that I have is where would you connect the safety chains?
On the back of the bumper next to the license plate lights you'll find the mounting brackets, and it's a good spot to use for safety chains.

Does not work well unless your trailer tongue is fairly high off the ground. Watch your ball height vs. tail gate height.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Once upon a time, Doctors recommended smoking to alleviate a sore throat. Just sayin'!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93