TOYO vs. Yokohama

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ozzy5950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I know the Toyo Open Country A/T II is a super popular tire, but does anyone have experience with the Yokohama GEOLANDER A/T? I’ve ran the Falken A/T 3 for 2 years now and love them, but they don’t make a 295/65/R20 so I’m switching brands. Lemme know what you’ve heard or personal experience one way or another.
P.S I don’t want a 35x12.5 so options are limited.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Ran at2 extremes for a few years. They grip great but lose winter traction pretty quick when traveling on gravel.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Get the Toyo IMO.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I’ve been runnin the Toyos for 60k for the last 5 Summers ... They are quiet, and dry grip is great ... Wet grip just OK ... I’ve never run em in the Winter, I have Cooper A/TW’s for that ... My wife is runnin the Yoko G015 AT’s on her Santa Fe, and they are a milder AT, but they are great in all 4 seasons ... I would guess tread life is better with the Toyos, and the Toyos have a better lookin sidewall ... I can’t bash either one ... I’d say if you are mostly pavement, go Yoko ... If you do a fair amount offroad, then go Toyo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn’t like the Toyos snow performance but those were the ATs, new ones are AT2’s so I’d hope they have improved the compound.
And the Yoko old ATs almost look like HT tires. Have you looked at the Yoko X-AT?

Also why not look into the 35x12.5? They’re priced better than 295/65 and you’ll have more options to choose from if you wanted to check other brands.

Reactions: U&A

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I went to Toyo because they had way better treadlife than the bfg at the time, but the bfg had better grip. The geolanders are a good tire, but more pavement focused than the toyos. After having a couple friends run the bfg and get good tread life with their newer compound I may go back to BFG because they have always been the best all around for me just wore out too fast. Nitto ridge grapplers on my truck this go round just to try them out. Not great in icy conditions, but nowadays I run designated snow tires in winter. No at tire comes close in ice to a studded snow tire and I put on big mileage on icy roads. If I was to rate all my ats in icy conditions I'd say BFG then yokohama and the toyo and nitto are tied for third. Just my experience. Muddy then the ridge grapplers followed by bfg then toyo and last yokos. Rainy yoko then bfg, nitto and the toyos last. All 4 are still.ok in all conditions, but have pros and cons.

Firetruck41

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Mega Cab Hemi 5.7
I have had great experience with the Yokohama Geolandar AT, in my previous 1/2 ton truck, in mileage longevity, wet and snow grip, and towing. When I bought tires for my new to me 2500, this past summer, I went with the Yokohama Geolandar AT again.

Last edited:

gofish101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Outdoorsman CC
Engine
5.7 hemi
Never had Toyos or BFG but compared to Goodyears, Firestone and Coppers the Yokos are a far better tire in my opinion. On my previous truck I had the Geolander in a p rating and they were great. The set that came with my Outdoorsman are the LT version and they are even better. I have 15k on them and they are as good as new. Still quiet and great traction in all conditions and very happy with them. I do some offroading but mostly payment and they have never let me down. If there is a knock on them it would be they like to collect small rocks. Now this isn't a problem for me but the person behind may have something to say. If I had to buy another set today it would be Yokos again.

NevrFinished

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve got the newer Geolander AT G015, can’t comment on icy traction’s. The dry and wet traction is great. I’ve had some light slick mud and they are definitely better than some I’ve ran.

The tread width is a little narrow at 275.

FlaSeadude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have the Yokohamas on my current RAM and previously had Toyos on an older RAM. The Toyos were great all around and I planned to buy them again. But after reading multiple reviews, I decided to try out the Yokohamas. So far, so good. Also, driving in snow is not a consideration in Florida...

IMG_3959.jpg