TPMS Activation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burstingbb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had new TPMS put in my wheels and tires I order from custom offset. The brand is ITM and they are universal. Do I need to have a tire place use an activation tool on them or is there a secret way to get the truck to pick them up

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If they are the correct sensors it should just pick them up after a few miles. I put new ones in my 2016 and the truck found them after a short drive and they started working. Now I ordered ones specifically for my truck so don't know about these "universal" type?
Don't think there is any need to have the tire shop activate them like they used to years ago. If they aren't working I would say they are probably not the correct sensors

lilsable

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Any updates on if or how you got them to work?

GhostGregg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I recently replaced my TPMS sensor in just one of my wheels. The specs called for 2010 sensor since my truck is a 2010. Well they couldn't get it to sync to the truck to save their life, they manually programmed it and tried the automatic was of just driving it for a few miles. finally they pulled a 2009 sensor which is totally different and tested the sensor before putting it in the wheel and that worked like a charm. So maybe just double check you have the correct sensors for your year?

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have a friend that bought from Custom Offsets and the TPMS were in the rear holes and hit on the suspension, ripped the stems off. He had a shop install new ones in the front holes. They have all connected at one time or another but all 4 have never connected at the same time.
He is still struggling with the issue, it’s a 2019 1500.