TPMS Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OCSOswat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've read so many TPMS posts, my head is spinning! I'm just looking for some advice on how to attack this issue.

Just purchased a 21 Laramie 1500. The truck was already lifted with 35s on it.

The TPMS system randomly shows the sensors are not reporting (two dashes in the read out). It will do this randomly for all tires. Sometimes, I can start the truck and all are connected and reporting properly. It may work for as long as a weekend of driving. Or one or more tires may stop reporting after a few minutes of driving.

I had a guy who pays for the gateway access check everything. He said all sensors are scanning and reporting properly even when the system says they are not.

He also stated (he lost me here) that he can see the data reported by the monitoring module but he cannot connect to it. He said he kept getting an error code about "device not found" even though he's looking at it in the system. He also attempted to change my tire circumference but could not access the setting.

I guess I can try a different person (maybe this fella didn't know how to accomplish the task)

Or try replacing the monitoring module since all 4 tires are reporting properly.

I am running the pressure around 36 / 37 psi.

If there's anyone with AlphaOBD in middle to lower South Carolina that I could link up with, that'd be awesome.

Thanks for any input!

ride rore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
if there is a TPMS reset button on a 2012 Ram 1500 Lone Star it is invisible!!

Site-r

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500
Engine
Cummings 6.7
So, I got new rims for my 2017 Ram 2500, and decided to buy MOPAR TPMS sensors off of Amazon.
These were the 68249197AA sensors which were replaced by the 68324960AB sensors in 2019 and the price was amazing.
However, after the new sensors were installed, I got four error codes that the sensors were not connected and the tire pressure screen showed dashes. I then went to the tire shop that installed them and they could read them with their tpms programmer.
So, dealer time. They shed some light on this. If a sensor has a weak battery or is malfunctioning, it cannot be picked up by the truck.
They replaced all four sensors, and like magic, the truck again showed the tire pressure from the sensors, and the error codes reset.
So, just because a tpms tool can read a sensor, it does not mean that it is not defective.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007