Can bus issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jessier4025

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2015 Ram 1500. Occasionally I hear a chime and my Tpms light flashes once and quickly goes away. My tire pressures are normal and all tires are showing correctly on the screen. When I use my mx+ tool to scan, I get U0001-00 error. In the OBDLink app, I see this..
Has anyone else had an issue like this? Should I start with with the rf module as a possible cause? It happens multiple times while driving.
Thanks for any input

Attachments

• IMG_7489.png
    IMG_7489.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 3

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
U0001 is a generic CAN bus code. Not necessarily related to a TPMS issue. It means that the various sensors have an interruption in communications. First place to start is checking your battery and alternator. A weak battery or one with a weak cell won’t put out a stable power supply and can cause communications errors. Yes, the battery may very well start the vehicle but its electrical output won’t be stable and that can cause problems. Next is the alternator output. Should be putting out 13-14.5V.

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
How old is your battery? Are the connections on the battery clean and tight? Fuses in the TIPM in these trucks like to back out. It's probably worth your while to ensure each fuse is fully seated.

And check your ground connections. They have to be nice and clean.

OP
OP
J

Jessier4025

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It has a fairly new battery in it. I will take a look at the connections and fuses in the tipm. Thanks guys for the advice

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It has a fairly new battery in it. I will take a look at the connections and fuses in the tipm. Thanks guys for the advice

With all due respect, a fairly new battery can also be faulty. The age of the battery is not an indicator of its health. Brand new batteries can be faulty from the get go. I know I’m preaching here but so many problems pop up on modern vehicles because of electrical issues. In my youth cars used 12V everything and they were simple. Now computers draw constant power from batteries even when they aren’t running to maintain electronics. It’s usually micro volts in sleep mode but it’s a parasitic draw on the system. If for any reason the systems lose power they report that interruption. The battery is the most suspect and easiest to check followed by other reasons power was interrupted. As the other poster mentioned, grounds, fuses and loose connections are other strong candidates for power loss/interruption.

OP
OP
J

Jessier4025

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With all due respect, a fairly new battery can also be faulty. The age of the battery is not an indicator of its health. Brand new batteries can be faulty from the get go. I know I’m preaching here but so many problems pop up on modern vehicles because of electrical issues. In my youth cars used 12V everything and they were simple. Now computers draw constant power from batteries even when they aren’t running to maintain electronics. It’s usually micro volts in sleep mode but it’s a parasitic draw on the system. If for any reason the systems lose power they report that interruption. The battery is the most suspect and easiest to check followed by other reasons power was interrupted. As the other poster mentioned, grounds, fuses and loose connections are other strong candidates for power loss/interruption.
Point taken. I will check that too..