TPMS Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

busa2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just left dealer they kept my truck for 2 days this time due to TPMS issue. Not even 30 miles down road issue pops up agin. I been dealing with this for 2 months it’s always the same passenger front tire. c17553f0b97cfaf34ae29e3e1583fe8d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Just left dealer they kept my truck for 2 days this time due to TPMS issue. Not even 30 miles down road issue pops up agin. I been dealing with this for 2 months it’s always the same passenger front tire. c17553f0b97cfaf34ae29e3e1583fe8d.jpg

Have you had the tires rotated and did you get the same fault? If yes it’s not the wheel sensor.

Do you have nitrogen in your tires? My experience is that nitrogen and TPMS don’t really play well together. 2012 Journey and 2017 Ram 1500 both came new with nitrogen in the tires. Both had TPMS issues. Local dealer thinks he’s doing his customers a favor by adding it. I finally got tired of it and pumped the tires up to 90psi then let them back down to normal psi levels. Never had another TPMS fault on either vehicle. It was either the high psi that corrected an issue with the TPMS or, more likely, it was less nitrogen and more oxygen. My 2019 never had nitrogen, so far no TPMS faults.

CG2742

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think I have this same issue. Started with the same wheel and doesn’t go away for a few days. I’m getting ready to rotate tires. So I’ll know if it is a tire or something on the truck.

OP
OP
B

busa2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you had the tires rotated and did you get the same fault? If yes it’s not the wheel sensor.

Do you have nitrogen in your tires? My experience is that nitrogen and TPMS don’t really play well together. 2012 Journey and 2017 Ram 1500 both came new with nitrogen in the tires. Both had TPMS issues. Local dealer thinks he’s doing his customers a favor by adding it. I finally got tired of it and pumped the tires up to 90psi then let them back down to normal psi levels. Never had another TPMS fault on either vehicle. It was either the high psi that corrected an issue with the TPMS or, more likely, it was less nitrogen and more oxygen. My 2019 never had nitrogen, so far no TPMS faults.

No nitrogen tires may get up to 46-47 once heated up real good

CG2742

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No nitrogen tires may get up to 46-47 once heated up real good

I swapped around tires and have the same corner not getting a pressure reading. Got an appointment with dealer Monday. I heard they may have to replace the box that reads the sensors.