TPMS reset 2021 PW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HuckleMonster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
pretty common to get close to 500 miles on a fill up.
Dude's in Montana. I'm guessing once you leave your house you don't have to hit your brakes or see a light for 500 miles.

HuckleMonster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I used a TazerRam to adjust my TPMS setting to 29 psi on all 4 tires. If I air down for off-roading, I get the low pressure warnings. But, as soon as I get above 29 psi, those warnings go away. I run my tires normally at 45f/40r.
I have the Tazer as well but haven't installed it yet. I thought I read that you have to go to the dealer to get them to flash the computer once you change the psi settings. Is that correct?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Tazer as well but haven't installed it yet. I thought I read that you have to go to the dealer to get them to flash the computer once you change the psi settings. Is that correct?
Yes. Or if you have some type of computer programming i think you can do it yourself also (as long as you have some special number for the truck). I have had the tazer for a few years now. Still have yet to change the tire pressure settings because of this…

wobly

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not on my '21 PW. I installed the bypass cable, installed the Tazer and started adjusting. I thought I would need the PIN from the dealer to make the TPMS changes stick, but nope, I didn't need it.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not on my '21 PW. I installed the bypass cable, installed the Tazer and started adjusting. I thought I would need the PIN from the dealer to make the TPMS changes stick, but nope, I didn't need it.
I believe it changed in in 2019 so 2019 on up you just need the bypass cable.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you keep the Tazer plugged in all the time, or did you adjust the parameters and then unplug it? I know there are some functions and parameters you can change and unplug it, and others that will only work or "stick" if you keep it plugged in. Just curious.

HuckleMonster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Good to know, I have a '21 PW as well, I'll be installing the Tazer this weekend (work permitting)

Jadman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How difficult was it to get behind the stereo to install the bypass? Just got my set up in the mail but I'm not excited to take apart my truck. I thought I had seen it was a couple plugs under the steering column.

Jadman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was looking at the wrong instructions, installed my tazer today, super easy. Adjusted my tpms, changed my tire size, and turned off fog light dropout. All in about 30 min.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was looking at the wrong instructions, installed my tazer today, super easy. Adjusted my tpms, changed my tire size, and turned off fog light dropout. All in about 30 min.
U didnt have to go to the dealer or use another device to complete the tpms changes?

Pretty sure on my ‘16 it requires a dealer visit or some type of other computer product to get it completed.

This is straight off of the tazer ram website…

7ACF6DBE-F75E-4127-B374-EF4F0750E382.jpeg

Jadman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 21, no trip to the dealer needed.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
U didnt have to go to the dealer or use another device to complete the tpms changes?

Pretty sure on my ‘16 it requires a dealer visit or some type of other computer product to get it completed.

This is straight off of the tazer ram website…

View attachment 479127
2019 and above do not require a dealer visit