Tpms.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tiffbear768

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got my truck lifted with new wheels and tires about a month ago. As soon as I picked my truck up, the tpms light came on and it said it needed servicing. So today I took my truck to get the truck re learned at mavis discount tire. And on my way home the light came back on. Anybody have any suggestions to make it go away? Or why it wouldnt have worked.

Friednice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L hemispherical combustion chamber
did they give you a print out of the code perhaps?

if they installed new rims what are the odds they transferred your tpms sensors over to the new rims, or installed new sensors all together.
either way if they did transfer them over could be a bad sensor, or loosing air too, the rubber oem tpm sensors can come apart in 2 pieces, (valve stem and sensor, connected with a torx screw) but it can be challenging to re use the rubber part of the sensor as when its removed becomes damaged easily if not careful.

would need more info

OP
OP
Tiffbear768

Tiffbear768

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The company that I bought all the lift kit parts and wheels and tires installed new aftermarket tpms sensors.

Friednice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L hemispherical combustion chamber
pull codes and go from there, in my experience aftermarket tpm sensors are hit and miss

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sounds like you got one bad sensor installed.

OP
OP
Tiffbear768

Tiffbear768

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I thought maybe was hoping that wasnt the case. But at this point it seems like the most logical thing

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
It’s likely the aftermarket sensors. They seem to give nothing but headaches. Sometimes they work perfectly and others it’s a gong show. We’ve stopped using any aftermarket sensors.

OP
OP
Tiffbear768

Tiffbear768

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I'm taking it back to mavis tomorrow to see if they can figure it out.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
For sure on the aftermarket sensors. Most of the time you'll be OK, but when they don't work, it's a royal pain. Too bad the truck isn't a 2015+, those will sync themselves right up to 2015+ OEM sensors. No intervention required. Earlier models need programming.

Like said above, an advanced code reader should tell you exactly what's going on.

OP
OP
Tiffbear768

Tiffbear768

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah that's what I heard certain years just get in and drive and they eventually sync themselves. Wish that was case been a fight every step of the way since I started. But God i love the look of the truck so it sucks but its worth it

Doodoo972

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another way is to disable TPMS with AlfaOBD. I did it and know I worry no more with sensors failure.

Doodoo972

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
AlfaOBD is an app with which you can do a lot of things for your truck:
pull codes, do tests , change your car options and so on.
There is a thread in the DIY