TPS sensor help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

castires

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I live in Florida and we had our first little bit of cold weather, well I went to leave for work two days ago and noticed the TPS sensor light was on. I checked the tire pressure on all four and they are between 36-37psi, however my one wheel keeps saying it's low and displaying the light and the truck image on the dash.

Could be a bad sensor? Anyway to reset it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Does it say which tire is low or just the tire (!) light?
If it says where it is i would try a rotation, drive around and see if it follows.
Also any decent garage will have a tpms scanner and will be able to see what the computer is seeing.

OP
OP
C

castires

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes it shows the tire so I will give that a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
I had a TPMS light and warning go off on my car when it was 2 years old. Instead of a pressure besides the tire i seen this:

( -- )

The battery died in the tire valve stem and wasn't being picked up. It was fixed under warranty. $70.

It happens. Could be what your getting. They say they're good for 7 to 10 years, but who knows how long they've been sitting around.