Trac-lok worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArDavid318

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys! Hope I’m in the right place… still kind of new. Anyway I am gonna be swapping the front and rear gears in my truck from 3.55s to 4.10s. I have been thinking about getting a limited slip or a locker for the truck and not sure what is best for me. I was at the junk yard today and pulled a stock trac-lok out of a 97 ram for 50 bucks and was wondering if it would be a good choice to rebuild it and put it to use?

The truck has a moderately built 318. Cam, headers, modded intake, and a tune. I also swapped a nv4500 into it as well.

The truck typically gets driven long distances once a week , two times on a good week (45 minute commute to work). I beat on it a little cause it’s fun but I don’t really off road in it or race with it. It’s just a fun weekend truck for me. It also doesn’t tow or haul heavy loads. Thanks for your help guys!

OP
OP
ArDavid318

ArDavid318

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only reason I was thinking about doing it is because the winters can be a little rough at times. Other than that I might take it on some trails in the future but who knows. The truck is definitely a pavement princess don’t get me wrong. But thanks for the reply man!

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe you can buy parts from ford if for dana 60 as mopar sells complete unit no repair parts