Traction control, service abs and main brake light on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DBaker7777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2016 Ram 1500 and my son washed my truck with a pressure washer and not sure if that has anything to do with it as he cleaned the wheel areas with it but next day I was driving it the service abs, traction control and main brake light all came on. Any ideas what I may need to look for? It is also lifted. Thank you

cammed

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram rt
Engine
cammed 5.7
Could be the ABS speed sensor or brake pads not sliding freely on caliper frame or calipers could be not moving freely or brake fluid could be low

bigramma0786

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2016 Ram 1500 and my son washed my truck with a pressure washer and not sure if that has anything to do with it as he cleaned the wheel areas with it but next day I was driving it the service abs, traction control and main brake light all came on. Any ideas what I may need to look for? It is also lifted. Thank you
I have the same issue. Any resolution?

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Based on your description of the problem and how it started, I think "Cammed" has it right and the speed sensor is a good place to start. If you know of a guy who has a good OBDII scanner they should be able to see which wheel sensor is bad (if that's the problem). Or if you swing by Autozone/OReilly's parts stores, they should be able to read the fault for free. You might also check the wiring connectors too, just in case (plus that doesn't cost any $$).

Another common issue that causes the fault you're seeing is a faulty brake switch ...above the brake pedal. It's easy to replace w/o significant mechanical skills. But read the codes first so you're not replacing a part which is 'good'.

Let us know what fixes it.