Trade is high. Just ordered a new wagon.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Duane Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L - Diesel
Hope you have a solid lock in price RAM's are short and dealers sticking to price....looking at a 2020 3500 Chevy LTZ almost getting what I paid for my 2018 Laramie 2500 Ram with Cummins...just can't get the wife to accept this down or up grade....anyone else getting great offers for their RAM's

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
yeah from what I'm seeing, the chip shortage is going to extend into 2022 so I'm not overly concerned. Like I said in an earlier post if they try and change things up I'll just let them keep the truck. Mine is just fine.

JS4024

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Afraid you may have been misled..... there is NO LEO/FIREFIGHTER discount that high! Typically it “MAY” qualify you for an extra 200 - 500 dollars off! Do NOT put down a deposit..... you will NEVER come out ahead on this deal...

Last edited by a moderator:

HDGoose

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
L6 Diesel HO
^^^this! Housing bubble too...its coming...glad my 3 kids bought houses a couple of years ago...its a **** show in New England right now...

Trucks and housing in my area are silly! We bought house 4 years ago. 2020 RAM 3500 last April.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Afraid you may have been misled..... there is NO LEO/FIREFIGHTER discount that high! Typically it “MAY” qualify you for an extra 200 - 500 dollars off! Do NOT put down a deposit..... you will NEVER come out ahead on this deal...
well my buddy just got it. his truck will be here in three weeks.

BowerPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
also here's my sheet with the numbers.....

View attachment 247857
You did really well. I did a bunch of research to figure out what others were getting off msrp for PWs I felt 10% or 5-10 thousand was what to expect. I got 7 grand off msrp on my order which is below invoice so I couldn't complain. I probably could have played the dealers against each other more but after a bunch of people never called me back I stopped trying. My local dealer told me that price is too low, they wouldn't make money and the way I want it would cause massive delays and there is no supplier for ramboxes so who knows when it will be built.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Good to know on the Rambox. I'm up in the air on whether or not I want them again. Most of the stuff I have in there is nice but I don't really need it. We'll see. It's just nice not to have **** rolling around the bed.

BowerPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Good to know on the Rambox. I'm up in the air on whether or not I want them again. Most of the stuff I have in there is nice but I don't really need it. We'll see. It's just nice not to have **** rolling around the bed.
As far as I know that's a lie. No dealer other than him, I talked to had anything like that to say. My order went through no problem. I should be getting it by the end of the month. I think that guy was just mad someone else offered me a price he couldn't afford to do.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
haha. Yeah I have a few weeks to decide what the hell I wanna do.

BowerPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
haha. Yeah I have a few weeks to decide what the hell I wanna do.
I was on the fence to but decided to go with my gut and get them. I have never had ramboxes l but I remember when they came out, seemed like a great idea. I never used that portion of the bed, Plus I like that cargo devider. Make the bed short and keep things like gas can or boxed from sliding around.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Congrats and well done!

Thinking about doing this with my fully loaded 2017. I am the 2nd owner and it has higher miles (95K) but KBB insists it is worth 39-44k trade-in. If I could get that for it I would love to order a new one from the factory. My local southern California dealerships are not budging much on discounts though -- anyone have any recommendations? I'd be willing to buy out of state for the right deal.

Was hoping Memorial Day weekend would have some incentives, but maybe I should wait for July 4th?

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My buddy just got his 2021 yesterday. 11000 off and everything. Can't wait till he shows the bill to the other dealer that told him he was being lied to. hehehe

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
yeah there are a couple of non believers here. I'm going to try to get a picture of his bill so I can share or wait until later this year for mine. haha

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thought you traded yours off for a soccer mom van because they wouldnt give you a new drag link?

Smokey613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was on the fence to but decided to go with my gut and get them. I have never had ramboxes l but I remember when they came out, seemed like a great idea. I never used that portion of the bed, Plus I like that cargo devider. Make the bed short and keep things like gas can or boxed from sliding around.

We were not sure how useful the Ram Box would be either but we bought used so it didn’t matter. Now we can’t imagine not having them and yes, that divider is very handy too.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
thought you traded yours off for a soccer mom van because they wouldn't give you a new drag link?
yeah because I'm the only one on the forum who's pissed at the fix. I'm more annoyed at the servicing dealer that fixed it without checking the steering wheel alignment than anything.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990