Trade is high. Just ordered a new wagon.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ttusomeone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
How does that work with the trade in? I'm assuming it will be several (many) months before the new one comes in. Will they guarantee trade in value as of today, or are you banking that values don't decrease between now and then?

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
a little bit of both. I know the sales manager so I'm pretty confident I'll get what I want. I should have pressed for 50 but I got 48. Plus I was able to score a 11000 LEO/Fire discount. It'll probably be 5 months before I see it. I'm still waivering a bit on if I want to keep the ram box but I've grown to like it. I'm getting the bed utility group as well mainly because of the step but the lights and bed liner are nice too as I have them currently. He's going to call me right before it officially gets ordered. He can't order until the 2022's become available which should start in a month or so. I want to see if there are any package changes. I'd like the full panoramic roof if that goes for the 2500s in 2022. The 8 speed is going to be a welcome upgrade not to mention the average miles will be lower now since the first owner of my truck put 23000 on in a year. I average about 8000.

R2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just traded my 17 F150 for my new to me 18 Ram 2500. I paid a little bit more than I would have a year ago but got over 10k what I had bought it for it for three years ago. When I told a friend he immediately called them wanting to trade his 14 Ram 2500. They were willing to give him a nice sum however he held off when they told him it be 6 to 8 months for a build.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah that's a chance that people should take right now. I mean mine is 5000 more than I paid for it 1.5 years ago. I'll take that

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Be prepared to pucker up, because when this bubble bursts, and it will, no one will be able to honor that trade allowance number. This is coming from a sales manager with 15 years of experience, things are sky high right now, but record highs are often followed by record drops.

Power Hounder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im in the same boat. I got 53 for mine I paid 55 but now i wonder what is worth on the market? my 3500 is supposed to be shipped 5-17 so I dont have much time but Im seriously thinking about testing the market.

Airmousam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Be prepared to pucker up, because when this bubble bursts, and it will, no one will be able to honor that trade allowance number. This is coming from a sales manager with 15 years of experience, things are sky high right now, but record highs are often followed by record drops.
^^^this! Housing bubble too...its coming...glad my 3 kids bought houses a couple of years ago...its a **** show in New England right now...

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^^^this! Housing bubble too...its coming...glad my 3 kids bought houses a couple of years ago...its a **** show in New England right now...

My daughter is looking now! People are waiving mechanic’s inspections and diving on things before prices go higher!

****show is right!:poop::poop::poop:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
thkbaron
In normal years, the in coming years Rams start to be seen in September

Currently, the final production date for the 2021 Rams is July 4th

except for the
Ram 1500(DS) Quad and Crew Cab (old body style), is July 31

Then they usually shut down the assembly plants for 2 to 3 weeks for cleaning & retooling

At this time, i don't see any Official 2022 Ram first order dates, or first Production dates posted online

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
My daughter is looking now! People are waiving mechanic’s inspections and diving on things before prices go higher!

I never have understood why you would waive a home inspector or waive anything for that matter. A house is such a massive investment, just wait till this bubble bursts and it will not be long. She will able to buy something then.

Power Hounder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Its the same here in KS if you dont bring 25 to 50 over asking you have no chance its insane. We sold a house in July for 25 over asking and after took the offer I know we left money on the table.

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I never have understood why you would waive a home inspector or waive anything for that matter. A house is such a massive investment, just wait till this bubble bursts and it will not be long. She will able to buy something then.

Her whole family is made up of over-achieving contractors! She knows what to like for! She comes home laughing about what people are ignoring!:favorites13:

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its the same here in KS if you dont bring 25 to 50 over asking you have no chance its insane. We sold a house in July for 25 over asking and after took the offer I know we left money on the table.
I’d sell my place in an instant, but what I want to build is just over double the cost what I expected a year and a half ago!:banghead:

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
yeah not a buyers market for housing right now. Well if the trade doesn't get honored, they'll have a new power wagon on their lot. It's not like I need one. Mine is just fine.

Bowzer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Sold off the '18...maybe another soon.
Engine
Hemi 5.7

What's the current thinking on how long the bubble holds? I know that's the Captain Obvious magic question.

Just looking for what the forecasted thoughts are. I'd like to keep mine til July for some projects but not sure values will hold that many weeks.

I'm gonna let my '18 1500 go, take advantage of the extra cash in pocket, and just get another ride down the road when things drop back down.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
What's the current thinking on how long the bubble holds? I know that's the Captain Obvious magic question.

Just looking for what the forecasted thoughts are. I'd like to keep mine til July for some projects but not sure values will hold that many weeks.

I'm gonna let my '18 1500 go, take advantage of the extra cash in pocket, and just get another ride down the road when things drop back down.
It’s really hard to say. This situation is going to get worse before it gets better. My CDJ store has less than 60 cars on the ground and they normally have 350. Until that situation levels itself, the market is going to be volatile and unpredictable.

Bowzer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Sold off the '18...maybe another soon.
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It’s really hard to say. This situation is going to get worse before it gets better. My CDJ store has less than 60 cars on the ground and they normally have 350. Until that situation levels itself, the market is going to be volatile and unpredictable.

For now, I'll take that as good news for us on the seller side with the pricing...thanks.

BakedRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

25-50??!!?? These A-holes are getting 100k over in So Cal.! FML. Cant buy a new truck cant buy a new house.SMH

BakedRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Nothing is going to drop until the microchips get caught up in production. I want to do the same thing but don't want to be without my truck. Wife's car is a FURD ****.