Trailer Indicator Fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Gang!
Wonder if someone could help me out.
When ever I hook a trailer up to my truck, the left side blinker on ANY trailer never works, but the blinker on the truck does work? (running lights work, brake and right side blinker work)
Now, I checked the trailer electrical connection on the truck today and there is NO power going to that side?
I never got an owners manual with the vehicle, but is there a stand alone fuse that runs the left side blinker on the trailer connection?
If so, could someone tell me what number it is?
2014 Ram 1500 4X4
Any help is greatly appreciated!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Gang!
Wonder if someone could help me out.
When ever I hook a trailer up to my truck, the left side blinker on ANY trailer never works, but the blinker on the truck does work? (running lights work, brake and right side blinker work)
Now, I checked the trailer electrical connection on the truck today and there is NO power going to that side?
I never got an owners manual with the vehicle, but is there a stand alone fuse that runs the left side blinker on the trailer connection?
If so, could someone tell me what number it is?
2014 Ram 1500 4X4
Any help is greatly appreciated!

YES: 4 Fuses trailer: (1) Charging circuit, (1) Left side turn/brake (1) Right side turn/brake (1) Running Lights (I think there is also a separate for reverse lights, but since my stock trailer does not have reverse lights, have not looked into it.

I got a MY 19, so ne fuse number I give U may be incorrect: U need to go on line and get an Owners Manual in PDF< they R too big to post in here.

From MY 19 manual: This is for the Power Distribution Center On Hood. Just FYI, these trucks have interior fuse boxes also.

fuse.JPG

OP
OP
Neon

Neon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
YES: 4 Fuses trailer: (1) Charging circuit, (1) Left side turn/brake (1) Right side turn/brake (1) Running Lights (I think there is also a separate for reverse lights, but since my stock trailer does not have reverse lights, have not looked into it.

I got a MY 19, so ne fuse number I give U may be incorrect: U need to go on line and get an Owners Manual in PDF< they R too big to post in here.

From MY 19 manual: This is for the Power Distribution Center On Hood. Just FYI, these trucks have interior fuse boxes also.

Awesome... Thanks Turkeybird!
At least I now know it's possibly a fuse over a broken wire!! (process of elimination)
Thanks for your input.
Cheers my friend!

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Morning all slightly senior PPLS. WELL hopefully all our Western PPLS are staying safe and informed, and all our Gulf Coast PPLs are staying safe and informed also.

NE way all critters fed, and I did Cherry poptarts (store brand of course, better) and a cup of JOE.

OP
OP
Neon

Neon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yikes! Over 800 pages!
Looks like I won't be printing that puppy off. lol!
Thanks again Turkeybird. I owe ya a couple beers!!
Found the fuse I need to check (#53 yellow 20 amp)
All the best and take care.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
NE TIME SUH, this is a great forum, so enjoy!!!!

ADDED: No beer suh, lol............. Boird stay away from Alky, get me in trouble, burnt tail feathers, :banghead::Big Laugh:

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yikes! Over 800 pages!
Looks like I won't be printing that puppy off. lol!
Thanks again Turkeybird. I owe ya a couple beers!!
Found the fuse I need to check (#53 yellow 20 amp)
All the best and take care.
Did this fix your problem?

Guy lIPSKY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI etorque
We’re is the #53 and how do you get to it mine has several problems, lost power, throttle control sensor, rear camera, rear sensors all not working

Kermudge

U.S. Navy Retired 68-95
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 3:92 Gears. LSD, 8 speed.
We’re is the #53 and how do you get to it mine has several problems, lost power, throttle control sensor, rear camera, rear sensors all not working
I would expect that you might find it in the fuse box located near the battery. Black with cover on it. If wrong sorry bout that. :)

s-l640.jpg

Guy lIPSKY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI etorque
I found it , its the inside fuse box and pulling the F53 fuse did correct the problems but for how long