Train wreck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ian MacKinnon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 maybe
Engine
diesel
Will they give you a better one off the lot for the same bucks ? I once got a major discount on a tam in the lot due to the colour.

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why would they not want this persons money ?
Happened to my brother. He ordered a 2001 Mustang Cobra. Agreed on price. Delivery was about 6 weeks. It was White. Dealer called said it was delayed but they had a black one on the lot. Brother not happy. We go over to dealer in about 4 days. Look at the black one. As we are standing there a customer pulls in with a white Cobra. My brother says to the guy, I had one of those on order. The guy says oh yeah? I bought this last week it had just come off the truck. We compared $. He paid $1500 more for it than my brothers deal.
It was an interesting time in the sales managers office.

PontonJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 cu in
You have to remember that the railroads have their own entity separate from the United States. They have no responsibility to the public.

Adam E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd call FCA directly, and push for either a discount or an extended service plan for free.
I had an issue when I bought my truck and long story short FCA ended up giving me a lifetime MaxCare for free.
Lifetime MaxCare is no longer available though they still sell oil change, tire rotation, alignment etc... packages that they could toss in with minimal cost to them compared to what it would cost you for the same packages from the dealer.

Wildbiker48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered a RAM 1500 on May 31st. It was built on July 16th and shipped out the next day according to the FCA website. The site projected my truck to be delivered August 10th, then August 18th, then August 29th. The dealer told me on August 10th that it was on the train and was supposed to arrive at the Port Allen rail yard on August 14th. However, I got a call from the dealer today and was told it was involved in a train derailment and was too damaged for delivery. I can’t find anything in the news about a train wreck that lines up with what I have been told. The dealer said there were 20 RAMs in the rail car and that 4 of them were preorder’s. Anybody else hear that story or know of a train wreck that coincides with this time line? Dealer says I can buy one off the lot or wait until FCA builds me another one. Ugh - I was just starting to let myself get excited.
I believe over 90% of Rams are built in Mexico. There were at least 2 major train wrecks since late July down there. There have been just shy of 10 in the U.S.

farout75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
I ordered a RAM 1500 on May 31st. It was built on July 16th and shipped out the next day according to the FCA website. The site projected my truck to be delivered August 10th, then August 18th, then August 29th. The dealer told me on August 10th that it was on the train and was supposed to arrive at the Port Allen rail yard on August 14th. However, I got a call from the dealer today and was told it was involved in a train derailment and was too damaged for delivery. I can’t find anything in the news about a train wreck that lines up with what I have been told. The dealer said there were 20 RAMs in the rail car and that 4 of them were preorder’s. Anybody else hear that story or know of a train wreck that coincides with this time line? Dealer says I can buy one off the lot or wait until FCA builds me another one. Ugh - I was just starting to let myself get excited.
If you can't trust that the dealer is telling the truth, then go to a new dealer

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517