Tranny coolant lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny onnit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are there check valves in the coolant lines of a 46re tranny. I get good flow through both coolers but zero through one of the the lines

OP
OP
J

Johnny onnit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ya i i found a thread after i posted. So basicaly i should get 90 percent air flow through the entire system when unhooked from the tranny. In one out the other but i definitely have a restriction in one of the lines. What are the downsides to drilling it out

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I never tried/had to do that when I had my 97 but the only downfall I can remember is dry starts on the trans because the check valve keeps oil in the line. I don’t think the 46re pumps oil in park either so it’ll just hesitate the first time you put it in drive or reverse which isn’t exactly the best thing for the trans either

OP
OP
J

Johnny onnit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok thx i pulled and tested the ones of the 01 and the check valve was fin so deb and wiggled em in and are getting ready to put the tranny in from the same truck thx again