Trans temp 2013 6speed

What temp does your 6speed trans normally operate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
It’s amazing how someone reads something,then starts preaching like it’s the Bible,it’s a FACT, I do not know anything for certain. Hell I may not even be typing this.

The Matrix has you!

OP
OP
C

cblack13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Installed the ATS diesel TBV and now my tans runs around 150. I can’t believe these were put in these trucks especially the trucks with the tow package. Now I can tow my new 6000TT in the Idaho mountains without stressing about cooking my trans fluid. Last year I got up to 240 with a large pop up camper. Now what’s y’all’s opinion on a cooler thermostat? Good? Bad? Where I live there are some pretty long grades and summer days are sometimes 105+

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Installed the ATS diesel TBV and now my tans runs around 150. I can’t believe these were put in these trucks especially the trucks with the tow package. Now I can tow my new 6000TT in the Idaho mountains without stressing about cooking my trans fluid. Last year I got up to 240 with a large pop up camper. Now what’s y’all’s opinion on a cooler thermostat? Good? Bad? Where I live there are some pretty long grades and summer days are sometimes 105+

I dunno - isn't as critical as the dumb thermostat in the transmission oil cooler line - because that was a retrofit to an existing oil line size with a teeny, tiny thermostat and channel that obviously severely restricted oil flow to the cooler even when working properly.

The engine coolant and stat is properly designed from the get-go. I mean, the line and stat sizing should be large enough. Unless you think the original design was 180F, but that hasn't been the design limit for some 30 years, I think. So lowering the coolant temp may just lower fuel economy without really extending engine life. You'd get longer oil life, but with the sensitivity of the Hemi valve train, you gotta change oil regularly anyway.

Short answer - little to no benefit, IMHO.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
^^^^Agreed 100%

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40