Transfer case shift motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012 BlacK LL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
ok have a 2012 1500 Laramie limited.

I had a service 4wd light come on when I switched into 4wd the other day.

My mechanic is trying to figure this out and asked for help.

He said the connector was green like water has been in it. He said he can get the motor replaced but it the connector. He said he could hard wire the connector if he had to.

Anyone know what could be causing water in the connector? Do these motors go bad or is this a bad connector issue.

With out being able to buy a replacement connector and having a badly corroded connector, don’t know if I have any other options.

I had no issues with this truck owned since new in 2013 but just this year, everything electrical is going wrong with it. I have replaced the CPM among other things.

I had water in one of the cpm connectors too. The second one from right. The truck is babied with only 90k on it.

I’ve put $5K in it in electrical repairs in last 3 months.

Aces and 8s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Penstar 3.6L
I've seen the motors go bad before, but it's logical the failure could be a corroded connector due to water damage. If your mechanic is competent and confident a wiring repair will solve the issue, go for it. Much cheaper than a new mode motor.