Transmission falling out of gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maximusdevelopmnt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got a 2017 1500 with the ZF8 that has a random issue with the transmission faing out of gear when I hit the accelerator. Almost got munched on the onramp because this thing fell out of gear and slowed down. It's a random issue happening about 20 minutes into driving it and I do not feel safe at all driving this thing if it can't be trusted to stay in gear. I guess Dodge has had issues with transmissions for years and doesn't want to issue recalls on them. Truck has 94k miles,all service is current and done by dealer. Anyone have this issue?

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you had anyone scan the truck for trans codes? This is not common at all have never had any trans problems with any of my rams ford on the other hand... Lol.

OP
OP
M

Maximusdevelopmnt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It didn't throw a code initially but did pretty much after it failed, indicating a valve body failure. Truck has ext warranty, they replace with a remanufactured unit. That lasted 2 days and it failed as well so it's back in the shop again. I have heard the shift knob and it's electronics have caused problems like this so that's getting looked at. Anyone heard of such a thing,

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990