Transmission flush help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kust3mz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 dodge ram 1500
Engine
3.7 5 speed
Guys I have a 2004 dodge ram 2wd 5 speed 3.7 v6 and I have never changed nor have any idea how to change the trannie fluid is it easy to do any special tools needed? I no I'm a idiot łøł hähà does anyone have pics or a how to
Thanks Derek.

OP
OP
kust3mz

kust3mz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 dodge ram 1500
Engine
3.7 5 speed
I can't find it I looked through them all the only one I found said transmission change coming soon

Hemitom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys I have a 2004 dodge ram 2wd 5 speed 3.7 v6 and I have never changed nor have any idea how to change the trannie fluid is it easy to do any special tools needed? I no I'm a idiot łøł hähà does anyone have pics or a how to
Thanks Derek.

I think the trans change is as simple as a drain and refill. look under there and look for a drain plug and a fill plug.

OP
OP
kust3mz

kust3mz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 dodge ram 1500
Engine
3.7 5 speed
I found the drain plug and what I think is the fill plug but it's in a tight spot and I have no clue how to fill it or how much fluid is needed nor what kind

OP
OP
kust3mz

kust3mz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 dodge ram 1500
Engine
3.7 5 speed
Come on guys I no I'm not the only v6 5speed out there

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
I dont think its the same trans that the hemi has.... not sure.... but on our trans we do not have a drain plug, you have to drop the pan. If thats all you plan on doing, drop the pan, scrape the sealant off the pan, install new filters in the trans, put new sealant on, put back on the pan, fill it back up with ATF+4 (do not over fill, do not under fill, check while warm, engine running and in nuetral).

Now that is NOT a flush, to flush it you take off the lines to the trans cooler and install an flushing setup which I beleive you can buy at most parts stores. I would not reccomend this if it has never been done though. To much old crap that has never been moved around can clog up lines.

Reaction score
Born,raised and currently reside in eastern Ohio
Ram Year
1999 quad cab sport 4x4
Engine
5.9 Magnum=360CI
I found the drain plug and what I think is the fill plug but it's in a tight spot and I have no clue how to fill it or how much fluid is needed nor what kind

Im not familiar with your truck..But I wonder if it can be filled using a large automotive fluid syringe with some length of tubing on the end?It might take some time to refill the syringe etc..Any large syringe might work for the method im talking about..Walmart,tractor supply,walgreens and tons of other places would carry a syringe..For hose or tubing anything that fits would work..........Just a thought