Trouble Shifting from 2nd to 1st while

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cypress-dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8 flex
I have a 2007 4.7L flex fuel quad cab with about 115k miles. Automatic transmission. 545rfe?

Few months back started to see that the truck would die while slowing down to stop at a light or stop sign. Maybe once a month and usually when I decelerate more quickly. I could put truck back in park and restart no problem. Started when the truck was already warmed up.

As it was occasional and easy to fix so I took note and didn't bother with it. Fast forward a few months and not much has changed. It does seem a little more frequent And happens when the truck is cold too. Also one afternoon while in traffic I noticed that the truck wouldn't shift up (from 1-2 or 2-3 I'm not sure).

I'm hoping it's something "easy" like a vacuum leak or maybe the transmission control solenoid. I think I could manage that job in the driveway. I'm hoping it's something someone here has encountered.

I searched the forum but couldn't find an existing match. Please advise! Thanks for your help.