Truck cab cover or whole truck cover recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tona Tona Tona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I want to get a good quality, good fitting cab cover for my new quad cab 1500. I could possibly go for a whole truck cover, but don't know if I want to deal with putting on and off something that big. Any recommendations from somebody who already has one? If you bought something and it's junk, I wouldn't mind hearing about that too. Thanks a bunch for your suggestions...

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I had a custom cab cover made from Sunbrellas that has flaps that go inside the top of the front doors to keep it from blowing off the truck. I also have a full size cover that I used a couple of times and has been stored every since. When it rains I don't want to deal with a large wet truck cover to use the truck. During the peak of the rainy season I use a plastic tarp and bungee cords over the truck and I keep the cab cover stored away until spring.

odinjunior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I looked today and could not find a Cab only cover. I would just like to cover the windows to keep the sun out. Don't need to cover the whole truck. It's going to get to 117 here on Sunday.

OP
OP
T

Tona Tona Tona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the input you guys. Will be shopping around. I would use mine mainly in the summer to keep the hot sun out of and off the truck. Maybe a separate one for the bed if they have one. I know they're made like that, as I saw one before I was in the market.
Thanks again!

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I have 3 covers for my pickup and its cap/shell. The one I use the most when it is not raining is a cloth one that covers only the cab and it has a flap on its side that is used with the windows closed on the flap to keep the cover from blowing off. My wife made it from Sunbrella.

During the winter I use a very large 18x24 16 mil tarp that covers the truck and cap 100% on all four sides. The Harpster tarps are good for more than 5 years with constant UV exposure.

I have a large conventional truck car cover that I use both on the pickup and on a Chevy full size SUV but only for when I want to keep dust of them for a day or two. The problem with the regular car covers is that they are by no means 100% waterproof and they collect dirt and the only way to clean them is by hand in a bathtub.

There are cab snow covers sold on Amazon that cover only the windows of the cab and make it a lot easier to head out in the morning without having to scrape the glass. Marksign is one brand of this type of car cover.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca