Truck shell.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kingcain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
Hey I have a 2021 5th gen longed dually I'm looking for a used shell for it. I've tried Facebook car-parts.com and general Google search. Does anyone have any suggestions where I can look? Not sure if I can ask this but if anyone has one for sale contact me.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey I have a 2021 5th gen longed dually I'm looking for a used shell for it. I've tried Facebook car-parts.com and general Google search. Does anyone have any suggestions where I can look? Not sure if I can ask this but if anyone has one for sale contact me.
I think you and I have the only long-beds in the state. I also think you might be looking for a while. Shells for 8' beds are uncommon, I just put a tonneau on mine.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Around here it's the opposite. I found a short bed LEER 100XR. When we (me, seller and friend) taking it from his hanging storage cradle to the truck, one of the hanging cables hit a side glass and broke it. I traded my tonneau cover even for it and the seller and I agreed to $200 from him to cover the broken window. The $$ was on the money, but the glass is sold as a whole assembly. Not bad for $200, BUT it's been on back order for 2 months and no word on when it will be filled. I went to the dealer and they talked directly to LEER and there is an "aftermarket" name that "should" fit and it is 2 weeks out. LEER won't UPS or FEDEX the glass because they usually get broken. They will ship it with the dealers order.

So long story short, don't buy a used one thinking to just get a replacement glass. Oh yeah, the curved rear window, you might as well buy new so they say.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Around here it's the opposite. I found a short bed LEER 100XR. When we (me, seller and friend) taking it from his hanging storage cradle to the truck, one of the hanging cables hit a side glass and broke it. I traded my tonneau cover even for it and the seller and I agreed to $200 from him to cover the broken window. The $$ was on the money, but the glass is sold as a whole assembly. Not bad for $200, BUT it's been on back order for 2 months and no word on when it will be filled. I went to the dealer and they talked directly to LEER and there is an "aftermarket" name that "should" fit and it is 2 weeks out. LEER won't UPS or FEDEX the glass because they usually get broken. They will ship it with the dealers order.

So long story short, don't buy a used one thinking to just get a replacement glass. Oh yeah, the curved rear window, you might as well buy new so they say.
Yes, but he is looking for a camper shell for a "long bed". Those aren't so easy to come by, at least in these parts. Here, everyone puts a shell on their short bed. Long beds are usually reserved for farm work and no one puts shell on a farm truck.

OP
OP
K

Kingcain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
I think you and I have the only long-beds in the state. I also think you might be looking for a while. Shells for 8' beds are uncommon, I just put a tonneau on mine.
Yeah, I would put a tonneau cover on but I have a transfer transfer tank in the back that rises above the bed rails.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I bought mine new for a SRW long bed, crew cab, 2500. They are the same as the ones for the 3500 Dually. Finding a new one was tough, used is impossible. Mine is a Range Rider Vista, cost was about $3,000 CDN with color match paint, U.S. cost would be $2,100.

1696349431065.png

Last edited: