Truck Tent and other accesories

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REQN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Laramie 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone ever used one of those truck bed tents? I'm wondering if any would work for a 1500 crew with ramboxes. (Future) wifey is telling me to go to town on amazon for the wedding registry, is there anything else I should look into adding on the list?

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone ever used one of those truck bed tents? I'm wondering if any would work for a 1500 crew with ramboxes. (Future) wifey is telling me to go to town on amazon for the wedding registry, is there anything else I should look into adding on the list?

I don't think it would. Bed is too short and too narrow.
My Kodiak Canvas bed tent only works with a 6.5' regular width bed.
It wouldn't work on anything narrower.

SRRamming

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Sportz truck tent with their blow up mattress and have used it on a number of occasions for camping out on the beach with my crew cab 1500 with the 6.5' bed.

The tent takes up the entire bed including the tailgate area when it is down so you have over 8' feet of length and at 6'2" I can almost stand up in it. Decent amount of space for 2 people and some gear. The blow up mattress is pretty comfortable but I also have a bed rug which is comfortable enough to sleep on without the mattress.

Takes about 10 minutes to set up once you have done it a few times and have no issues with durability yet.

I don't know if they make one to fit with ram boxes but there would be enough room if they did.