Tuning Aspirations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Picton

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 - 1500 Express CC 4x2
Engine
5.7L Hemi
who cares about the 6.4 what about the 2011-up 5.7??

Amen to that!

I was talking to my mechanic (he is good!) and he said one reason they locked/toned these engines down was because the Mercedes trans they paired with these 4th gen motors isn't good enough to sustain power to these beast engines. Why would you pair an inferior/sub par trans with a monster motor in the first place??? Doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:

Dom T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Makes Sense

Amen to that!

I was talking to my mechanic (he is good!) and he said one reason they locked/toned these engines down was because the Mercedes trans they paired with these 4th gen motors isn't good enough to sustain power to these beast engines. Why would you pair an inferior/sub par trans with a monster motor in the first place??? Doesn't make any sense.

Sir,
Thank you, that is indeed the best explanation (if true) that I have heard yet. This is my third and probably last Dodge. I love the truck and I am not big on mods but, I did spend 45k on it and I should get to do with it as I please. I'm not one of those big on names kind of guys. I don't have to have a truck, I choose to have a truck. I may have spent a lot but, I can afford it. I don't subscribe to the thought of being a Dodge man. It just happened that way and as quick as I bought it, I can buy another make. In fact I'm buying another new vehicle for my wife in six months and I'm pretty sure it won't be a Dodge. It's my truck and I'll do what I want or I'll buy one that will let me do what I want. But, I'll be damned if you'll take my tax dollars to bail your ass out then turn around and lock me out of my computer. we have bought this truck twice (through our taxes and through our dealerships). Please guys, I know some of you will wish to soundboard for Dodge. This is the way I feel and I'm not changing my mind. It would be nice if you can keep from being ugly as I didn't attack anyone on here.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome to RF. I wont get ugly with you. You should be allowed to do what you want to it within the legal limits of the law.

zuiquan1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sir,
Thank you, that is indeed the best explanation (if true) that I have heard yet. This is my third and probably last Dodge. I love the truck and I am not big on mods but, I did spend 45k on it and I should get to do with it as I please. I'm not one of those big on names kind of guys. I don't have to have a truck, I choose to have a truck. I may have spent a lot but, I can afford it. I don't subscribe to the thought of being a Dodge man. It just happened that way and as quick as I bought it, I can buy another make. In fact I'm buying another new vehicle for my wife in six months and I'm pretty sure it won't be a Dodge. It's my truck and I'll do what I want or I'll buy one that will let me do what I want. But, I'll be damned if you'll take my tax dollars to bail your ass out then turn around and lock me out of my computer. we have bought this truck twice (through our taxes and through our dealerships). Please guys, I know some of you will wish to soundboard for Dodge. This is the way I feel and I'm not changing my mind. It would be nice if you can keep from being ugly as I didn't attack anyone on here.

Agreed, I'm more than upset that with the amount of money I paid for this truck I cant do the things I want. Its ridiculous, there is no reason for them to lock us out of our own trucks....what other make does that?

I haven't seen anything I like though to pull me away from my truck, and for now tuning isn't at the top of my mod list, but it sure has changed my mind about buying ANOTHER Chrysler vehicle....no sir.

zuiquan1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive yet to find a dealer who would be willing to flash the truck which I believe you gotta do to get the truck to recognize the ecm.

biggin152

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree with all said. Buying a new truck I expected some lag time in programmer accessibility but I'm tired of getting **** from my coworkers for not being able to program my truck. On the other hand its a good thing because I've kind of lost hope of doing any performance mods, so its saving me cash in the long run.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Well, I hope it just ain't all talk and no action. I've put off getting a new 300 SRT8 because of this issue...

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
when comparing a bone stock 2009 vs a bone stock 2012, what's the difference? are the new ones beefier or have different specs? i don't understand why they'd have different computers

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Chrysler just decided to lock down the encryption on the computers. Not necessarily a different unit in itself, just more heavily secured in the programming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

texasraised

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi v8
had i know i wouldnt be able to tune my truck i probably would have went with something else. this is ridiculous.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^ They did a piggy-back / stand alone setup. You CAN make the truck work with enough money. The point is that there is no real reason you HAVE to go through all that crap.

This was the same story when the Hemi first came out. It just took a couple years.

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wonder if they're even trying to crack it anymore. I've sent emails to a few of the companies and they said no update, no ETA on 2011-2012 Chrysler vehicles.

Black express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Yeah it really sucks that other new trucks can be tuned. Maybe we'll get to one day

Draper S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, that really sucks you can't get a programmer for the new trucks! I have a 2010 TRX4 5.7 Hemi, can I get a programmer for it? If so what do you guys suggest? Better throttle response would be nice, little more hp. I'm not worried about fuel economy, you can't ask for much better from these engines anyway. Shifts could be better too. This is my first Dodge, love it, don't think I'll ever buy anything else.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trupiano

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
I'd recommend the diablo Trinity, superchips, or bully dog. Haven't really heard much about any other brands, but these three seem to be the most liked! I like my diablo on my 05, exactly what your looking for.

Black express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Was just on the bully dog site. Gives drop down for 2011 5.7 hemi now but not for 2012. Anybody know something?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca