Tuning Aspirations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Anyone read this?

http://www.modernmoparmagazine.com/...mopar-brand-president-and-ceo-pietro-gorlier/

MMM: The most common criticism that we receive about Mopar Performance is the inability to “tune” the new 6.4L HEMI. We’ve even talked with several tuner shops that say Chrysler is not only missing out on millions of dollars, but that they’re also losing customers who are going to other OEMs that make it much easier to perform engine modifications.

Is Mopar aware of this? Are there plans to open up these cars so that tuners can perform mods? And might we see the availability of superchargers and turbochargers in the future?

PG: We are well aware of the tuning issue because we have been listening closely. In fact, I have received a great number of letters from consumers expressing their discontent.

What I want people to understand is that we spent a great deal of time ‘righting the ship’ here at Chrysler and we had certain priorities that needed our attention first. But make no mistake about it, performance tuning is absolutely on the map for us. In fact, we will likely be working with several aftermarket tuners in order to address our ECM encryption. A strategy is in the process.

When it comes to superchargers and turbochargers, we’re looking at them just like we are tuning. It is part of our strategy.

Bottom line: stay tuned.

So basically... Sounds like this guy has his head on straight trying to save his company from close "economic doom." But hopefully when they get it figured out, they open up a huge tuning product line/aftermarket deal.

One day...

Tapatalk'in

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
2 weeks...........

a la Vararam. LOL

riggz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seems more like.... they'll release the encryption key for a price....

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
who cares about the 6.4 what about the 2011-up 5.7??

Five.SevenlExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
im sure when it comes to the 6.4l hemi and it being released to be tuned.... the 5,7l wont be far behind cause im sure its not two different styles of encryption...

its all the same with encryption.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
With tuning the newer Hemi's will be setting records in no time.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
that at least sounds promising

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
that's a good sign, better than nothing being heard at all lol

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Hire a hacker to do it I am sure they could do it at one of those hacker conventions.

Black express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Can't wait for a tuner to come out for the 2011 and up hemi. Waiting patiently..

zuiquan1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Stopped waiting, I doubt anything will come anytime soon. Good thing I have halted all further mods on my truck(keeping truck, but buying house...priorities) or else I'd be in the market right now for a used 2010 or below lol.

Hopefully when I get more cash the 2011s and up will have more options. I'd hate to have to sell my truck because Chrysler locked it down, along with the rear axle change makes me not a happy camper. Nothing ****** me off more than buying a 50 grand truck and not being able to play with it like I want lol.

zuiquan1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Aftermarket companies stated they wouldnt even touch the gears for several years until chrysler proves there keeping the gears long enough for them to make a profit. Even then that doesnt help the grands worth of useless parts sitting in my apartment.

But getting back on topic, I dont buy the whole rhetoric about them "getting back on track" considering there 09-10 varients werent locked down. What changed? Either way I lost alot of respect for them...

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Chrysler has been talking about releasing the tuning code for years and years. I hope for you guys ready to pop they release the codes but IMO don't expect it.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Releasing the tuning code for years and years? They only blocked out the 11's and up. It's barely been a year.

I don't think they released previous code, it was just much easier for people to crack. I may be wrong on this though?????

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think they released previous code, it was just much easier for people to crack. I may be wrong on this though?????

Right on, never released by Chrysler, only cracked.