Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

themaniscody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Looking for info on getting a "Custom" tune for my 2021 Ram 2500. I have a Bullydog BDX handheld tuner, and in search of a dealer that has a preset tune they can send for me to download. I've called around places in my area with no avail. If anyone has experience/recommendations on a dealer that supports Bullydog tunes please advise. Thank you.

Looking for an "Custom Preset tune" vs dyno tuning as just trying to get slightly more performance without the extent of dyno tuning.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
And you have what engine??

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I don't know anyone that supports bullydog, as far as I know they are just canned tunes that are on it and that's it. That tuner is not highly recommended by most.

Calibrated power (duramax tuner dot com) has some great emission compliant tuning available for the cummins. Would require a different tuner of course. Question is, are you willing to throw away the warranty for it?

OP
OP
T

themaniscody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I'll check them out, my biggest thing is getting a slightly better tune for performance from a handheld tuner without having to do a delete and voiding warranty.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'll check them out, my biggest thing is getting a slightly better tune for performance from a handheld tuner without having to do a delete and voiding warranty.

No such thing exists unfortunately. All tuners will void the warranty delete or not.

There are rail pressure modules such as the stealth module that do not actually flash the ECM but I am very skeptical about those.

OP
OP
T

themaniscody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
You dont think you could bypass void by removing tuner before bringing into shop?

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
You dont think you could bypass void by removing tuner before bringing into shop?
you can... but its risky....

On some cars the ECU actually has a counter on it. if the ECU sees a different mileage than the vehicle is showing. it knows that you had a different ECU in there.

On vehicles where a whole ECU replacement is NOT needed. the computer will store information you cannot see or access. Which gives the dealer yet another excuses to deny warranty. This can be especially true for forced induction vehicles.

Every forced induction vehicle from the factory has a boost limit set. if the ECU sees you exceed this, it will throw a code.. which you can tune out to keep the performance. but in some cases could store this "overboost" information which only the dealer can see with their special tools

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Nope, because it flashes the ECU and they can see that if they look, and they will for anything big $. Going back to stock and removing the tuner will not hide that.
Will they look if you have a radio issue? probably not, but your transmission, fuel, engine, anything big you can rest assured they will look.

In the simplest terms, if the warranty is important to you leave it alone.

bradyhn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi somebody have idea who can clone my ecm i want tune n delete adblue def 2500 6.7 2018