TYC Headlights??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I've been looking for a set of OEM Black Quads for my truck and came across a set of TYC Projector Headlights w/ HID for a good price. I've been trying to stay OEM, but these seem like a good deal. My question is, Are TYC Projector headlights any good? and what would a fair price for a set with HID installed and he says he has the adapter harness for quads to projectors? Anything particular I should ask or look for?

OP
OP
WTM75

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
No one has an opinion of TYC projector headlights?? Bueller...Bueller

Last edited:

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From everything I've read they are as good as OEM and some say the cut off of the projector is better then OEM.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the TYC with HID in them. With the HiD and with the halogen bulbs they are far better than the OeM quads as far as useable light.

The only issues I have are that the hotspots are not great, the step in the cutoff is HUGE, there is a gap between the driver and passenger headlights at the step, and the output with HIDs is a little streaky. Still light up the world bright, but definitely not an HID projector type of output.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Ive had the OEM and TYC from Retroshop....both have been perfect.

20150620_162302.jpg

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is an upgrade I want to do to replace my quads. Can you send me a PM where you found them @WTM75

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have a TYC black projector on the driver's side (long story), other than the lack of the molded in RAM letters you can't tell it's not an OEM. The cutoff is a little different than the OEM one, but it's nice and clean. I keep debating if I should try and get a replacement OEM for the drivers side or get a TYC for the passenger side so they match, but that's just my OCD.

-K

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I gotta get back on FB for truck and gun parts if for nothing else.

eBay, OfferUp and the like are filled with businesses now and not personal sellers very much anymore.

OP
OP
WTM75

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I gotta get back on FB for truck and gun parts if for nothing else.

eBay, OfferUp and the like are filled with businesses now and not personal sellers very much anymore.

Very true! I sell a ton of Archery Equipment on Facebook forums.