TYC lights one turn signal brighter than the other

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All of a sudden one of the lights the running lights (yellow) are much brighter than the other side. Also getting a blinker light out warning. I have the canbus adapters and not sure if there are resistors inside? I have a 2012 with the TYC projector lights and have the adapters from retroshop.

skyline090

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
All of a sudden one of the lights the running lights (yellow) are much brighter than the other side. Also getting a blinker light out warning. I have the canbus adapters and not sure if there are resistors inside? I have a 2012 with the TYC projector lights and have the adapters from retroshop.
Have you experienced light condensation on your TYC projectors?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
daveray9

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you experienced light condensation on your TYC projectors?

Actually, yes.. on the one with the issue.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

skyline090

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've got condensation on one lens, but not the other. I know it doesn't explain why one side is dimmer than the other (mine are equally bright) but maybe its contributed to a corroded contact somewhere on that one headlight which is causing the problem.

skyline090

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Actually, yes.. on the one with the issue.

In addition to my last comment, the condensation build up I've seen on my drivers side headlight runs mainly along the bottom; the whole length of the running lights.

OP
OP
daveray9

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, the one on mine with condensation is actually brighter... if it was dimmer that would explain things more. Weird!