UAQ Install issues - Radio continues to reboot/reset every 30-45 seconds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donkeystew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Hi All,

I've searched the forums and found a few threads, but nothing has been able to solve my issues with my Panasonic (UAQ) head-unit. I've installed the head-unit and plugged all cables in, including the adapter connector and new media hub. My head-unit reboots every 30-45 seconds, and there's no sound coming out of the speakers.

Things I've tried so far:
- set a location/address in the NAV (this supposedly stops the rebooting, but mine still continues to reboot)
- Tried to update firmware (this also fails due to the head-unit rebooting before the firmware update even starts)
- Tried to get Sirius XM to update my head-unit with a new firmware OTA as I hear that was the original problem with the head-units rebooting.

Any and all help would be great appreciated as I'd love to get this thing working!

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hi All,

I've searched the forums and found a few threads, but nothing has been able to solve my issues with my Panasonic (UAQ) head-unit. I've installed the head-unit and plugged all cables in, including the adapter connector and new media hub. My head-unit reboots every 30-45 seconds, and there's no sound coming out of the speakers.

Things I've tried so far:
- set a location/address in the NAV (this supposedly stops the rebooting, but mine still continues to reboot)
- Tried to update firmware (this also fails due to the head-unit rebooting before the firmware update even starts)
- Tried to get Sirius XM to update my head-unit with a new firmware OTA as I hear that was the original problem with the head-units rebooting.

Any and all help would be great appreciated as I'd love to get this thing working!
Have you spoken with a Panasonic service representative

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

donkeystew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I've only spoken to UConnect Support and Sirius XM. Happen to have a contact for Panasonic Service Rep?

OP
OP
D

donkeystew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Got a generic phone number for Panasonic, which then had me call United Radio who does the support for their OEM units. United Radio (800.448.0944) basically said they don't do any troubleshooting over the phone and they would need me to send in the unit. $695 for repair (flat cost including return shipping). Cheaper than buying a new one, but still pricey.

Anyone else have any thoughts ideas?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I was able to recreate a similar situation and the root cause appears to be a short in my center console wiring.

You can test this by unplugging your center console from under your driver's seat and see if it continues to reboot.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thanks...I will give this a try. Were you able to find the short?
I have the center jumpseat and can only say it occurs when I lift up the seat back into the "seat" position. Assuming it's in the joint of the seat back to the seat near the hinge somewhere.

OP
OP
D

donkeystew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I don't have a jump seat, but I'll see if I can recreate with unplugging it. Not sure what this would tell me other than a short could do this.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I don't have a jump seat, but I'll see if I can recreate with unplugging it. Not sure what this would tell me other than a short could do this.
Essentially you'll be able to isolate the problem to the wiring in your center console or the USB hub itself.

I give you mine as an example of how I am able to recreate the same symptom you have. If you disconnect the harness under your seat and the problem ceases, you too will have isolated the problem.

In summary, you don't want to recreate it, you want it to stop when you unplug it if that is indeed where the problem is.