UCA replace?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ff07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I’m thinking of leveling my 1500 4x2 and only going up like tow inches. I’ve read multiple thoughts but do I have to replace the UCA for a two inch level using Bilstein leveling struts

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could but not required. Any higher than that is usually where the new UCA are recommended.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
at 2" you are safe, especially if you are not off roading. 2", That is pretty much the limit. After that you should replace the UCA's with angle correcting ones.

OP
OP
F

Ff07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I’ve been told the tire might be too close to the UCA. I have factory wheels. Is this an accurate statement?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve been told the tire might be too close to the UCA. I have factory wheels. Is this an accurate statement?

That would be the 1st time I have heard that issue. 2" lift height in the front is pretty common

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If your are putting 12.5” wide tires or wider on those wheels then it could be an issue i suppose. Depends on the which factory wheels you have and the backspacing/offset of them? Are you changing tire width? How much room do you have with the current size?