Ucconect Box needs service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

d-hunter1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E Torque
2022 Ram 1500 Laramie 19K miles 15 months old. About 3 weeks ago I started getting An error message that I needed to take the truck to the dealership. Today I had my appointment. They had to replace my cell antenna. It required removing the headliner. I am glad it was covered by warranty. The service advisor (that I trust) told me that was the first antenna they had to replace. He said it's usually the box or software issue. It took them 3 hours to complete but everything is working now.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Had the same message in mt 2022 as well. Mine ended up being the uconnect module failed... software issue. It stopped updating over the air. Module was under the dash somewhere.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
2022 Ram 1500 Laramie 19K miles 15 months old. About 3 weeks ago I started getting An error message that I needed to take the truck to the dealership. Today I had my appointment. They had to replace my cell antenna. It required removing the headliner. I am glad it was covered by warranty. The service advisor (that I trust) told me that was the first antenna they had to replace. He said it's usually the box or software issue. It took them 3 hours to complete but everything is working now.
Had the same message in mt 2022 as well. Mine ended up being the uconnect module failed... software issue. It stopped updating over the air. Module was under the dash somewhere.
So, who is paying for this cell service that connects you to wherever it connects you to? As far as I know, I don't have anything like that.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So, who is paying for this cell service that connects you to wherever it connects you to? As far as I know, I don't have anything like that.

You have it. Ram/UConnect 'pays' for it. Technically you paid for it when you bought the truck. It's in the cost.

Some models, you can pay to turn it on as an extra service. Way cheaper to use your own cell data though.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Correct. You don’t have a Uconnect (telematics) box in your truck, therefore there is no cellular connectivity for your radio.
The 8.4” with nav radios and the 12” radios on 2022+ rams have a separate telematics box for cellular data. It is paid for via various levels of Ram Connect services subscription, which supplies various things like remote start from phone, vehicle health reports, traffic flow/alerts in navigation, Alexa skills, watch integration, etc.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have over the air updates and vehicle diagnostics included with my truck, for like 5 years. Negotiated at the time of purchase.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You have it. Ram/UConnect 'pays' for it. Technically you paid for it when you bought the truck. It's in the cost.

Some models, you can pay to turn it on as an extra service. Way cheaper to use your own cell data though.
Nothing in my manual about it.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have over the air updates and vehicle diagnostics included with my truck, for like 5 years. Negotiated at the time of purchase.
That may be one of the things the sales manager was trying to get me to sign off on. After about the 3rd item he brought up, I asked, "Is any of this stuff included in the already-agree upon price?" He said no. I said, see ya.