Uconnect 3.0 (RA1) to RA2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

murrayb3024

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it not even possible to switch to the RA2 (Uconnect 5) from the 3? I don't understand why they call it uconnect 3 when it doesn't really do any of the bt functionality?

Any word on a harness being released soon?

bigq

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it not even possible to switch to the RA2 (Uconnect 5) from the 3? I don't understand why they call it uconnect 3 when it doesn't really do any of the bt functionality?

Not going to work. The 5.0 comes with a different gauge cluster/EVIC, different rear view mirror and steering wheel controls.

To be honest I think you would be better off waiting and put in a nice new touch screen head unit(cheaper too).

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins

My assumption is that Uconnect has become a popular buzz word like Hemi and having it is important to buyers even if having it kind of a trick with the low end one.

OP
OP
M

murrayb3024

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not going to work. The 5.0 comes with a different gauge cluster/EVIC, different rear view mirror and steering wheel controls.

To be honest I think you would be better off waiting and put in a nice new touch screen head unit(cheaper too).

That is what I was thinking too. Has there been any talk about a harness or HU replacements? Only ones I have seen on this forum are people completely ripping the thing apart and just rigging it themselves.