UConnect 5.1 and Samsung 8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zebraprs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It seems that UConnect software never catches up to the Verizon Samsung S8. Is there a work around where I can have my phone still sync up with the UConnect 5. 1 system.?

Everything works except for the Text Messaging.

Thinking of upgrading my 5.1 to 8.x. is this possible?

2014 Ram Base Model.

Rollinco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the RA2/Uconnect 5 radio and a Samsung 8+ which syncs fine and text messaging works. The radio I put in was out of a 2016 Ram so not sure if that makes a difference.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have the UConnect 5 in my 2014 and a Galaxy 5 phone on Verizon. When I first pair the phone, the text messages work then after a few on/off cycles of the truck it will stop and I have to unpair and repair the phone to get it back. I had to set the phone to "Display messages on lock screen" to get it to do even that. I don't think it's the phone or Verizon, as I have a Pebble smartwatch and it receives text messages from the phone without the messages on lock screen setting and without needing to re-pair.

-K

OP
OP
zebraprs

zebraprs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the UConnect 5 in my 2014 and a Galaxy 5 phone on Verizon. When I first pair the phone, the text messages work then after a few on/off cycles of the truck it will stop and I have to unpair and repair the phone to get it back. I had to set the phone to "Display messages on lock screen" to get it to do even that. I don't think it's the phone or Verizon, as I have a Pebble smartwatch and it receives text messages from the phone without the messages on lock screen setting and without needing to re-pair.

-K
My Galaxy 7 works fine as well. Just the 8 doesn't

Rollinco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was on Verizon witha Moto Z Force when I put the RA2 in my Ram and it worked fine too. Currently on ATT with the S8+.

jabartram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Did you do all the updates for the phone, mine had to go through a few the day i got it.

OP
OP
zebraprs

zebraprs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you do all the updates for the phone, mine had to go through a few the day i got it.

Yes that is the problem... UConnect does not support the latest Verizon/Samsung versions ... I will check again...

My phone is on build# In the attached file. UConnect sw is usually a few builds behind...Screenshot_20171219-072429.jpg Screenshot_20171219-072429.jpg

jabartram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
OP
OP
zebraprs

zebraprs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just removed the phone (unpaired). Then added it again and the texting feature works... we'll see if it stays working.

OP
OP
zebraprs

zebraprs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just removed the phone (unpaired). Then added it again and the texting feature works... we'll see if it stays working.

Works for a little while then reverts back to not working

Guess it is time for a new radio...

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

That's what mine does. But unless you're talking about going aftermarket, I don't think replacing the radio will help.

-K

zrfraser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
my Iphone 6S does the same thing. It will work for a couple of days and then stop. It used to bother me but my wife likes texting more than talking so when I'm going to work I don't see the text pop up every 30 seconds. I just keep my phone on a mount next to the radio now so if one comes in I can glance and see it,

61N150W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I've mentioned this in another related thread and worth a try; I find not allowing my phone to pair to other devices will keep it in sync with my Uconnect.
I use Bluetooth headphones at work pretty often. When I reset the Bluetooth connection to my radio, it will work just fine all weekend till I turn on my paired headphones come Monday morning. You can "forget" all other saved pairings and give that a go. Although there doesn't seem to be a cure-all, this works for some.
While this method seems to be stable for me, I prefer leaving my other connections and getting a break from my phone. Even when it does operate as intended, I find it distracting imo. [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BIGRed333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel 6.7
I'm not positive, but I believe it won't read group text messages or texts with jpeg/gifs. Basically MMS is out. It will read SMS. Thoughts?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davesgarage24