Uconnect 8.4 (non-NAV) and Android Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Chambers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a 2020 Big Horn with the 8.4" UConnect system (non-NAV), using Android Auto to connect with my Samsung Galaxy S9+, running Android 10. Recently, the caller ID and text message functions stopped showing the names for incoming calls and texts. It shows the numbers, but not the names, even for numbers that are in my phone's contact list.

I tried removing the phone from UConnect, and re-pairing, but the problem still exists.

Has anyone else had this problem? How did you resolve it?

Thanks,
Sam.

KG5TUD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2020 Big Horn with the 8.4" UConnect system (non-NAV), using Android Auto to connect with my Samsung Galaxy S9+, running Android 10. Recently, the caller ID and text message functions stopped showing the names for incoming calls and texts. It shows the numbers, but not the names, even for numbers that are in my phone's contact list.

I tried removing the phone from UConnect, and re-pairing, but the problem still exists.

Has anyone else had this problem? How did you resolve it?

Thanks,
Sam.
Yes it was due to an Android OS update you need to allow access to your contacts in your Bluetooth settings in pairing

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Sam Chambers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yes it was due to an Android OS update you need to allow access to your contacts in your Bluetooth settings in pairing

Thanks, I see that setting now. Will that also allow names from numbers that aren't in my contacts list to be displayed? (Not that most of them are real, but still...)

KG5TUD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just the numbers as far as I know most of my unknown are blocked