Uconnect 8.5 Touch Screen Melting from the inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I live in south Texas and my Touch screen in melting after this hot summer, it is bubbling, dripping from the inside. I have been waiting for almost 2 months to get a replacement radio. Anyone else having this issue? If so, how did you get it resolved?

20191014_150918.jpg

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've noticed a small spot on my upper left coner of my screen doing the same!.....haven't done anything about .....

Smudge

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Same here. It’s pushing buttons on its own now too. New screen has been on order over a month. Very frustrating.

SebaRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 1500 Laramie 2013
Engine
MY RADIO WERE BURNS , I REPLACE IT AND I FEEL TOO HOT THE SCREEN AND THE REAR PART OF THE NEW RADIO
RAM 1500 LARAMIE 2013

hablox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had mine replaced under warranty. They installed a remanufactured unit. The new unit worked for a month and goes into constant reboot mode and also has to be replaced. I am now waiting for the third unit. 2018 Ram Rebel..

Trucker2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
ATEX that's what my radio screen looks like too, 2018 Sport! The clock keeps asking to change time because the screen separation v point is right over the time on the screen. I hope i don't have to wait month's for a new screen. Read on a Challenger Forum that they are having same issues with the 8.4 screens, Dodge should issue a recall notice for this you would think. Will be taking mine in soon for the outstanding recalls and this radio screen issue. I live in the Houston area so it gets pretty hot around here during summer but my truck is a 2018 and only has a hair over 5000 miles on it and it sits outside all year round. Low miles I know, I am semi retired so it doesn't get driven like most folks vehicles plus we got the wife's vehicle so gotta spread the wear and tear around.

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine is getting worse now ....changing channels by it self & asking if i want to change time... mines an 18 also.......guess i gotta go to dealer.......i really hate dealing with them!

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Went to dealer yesterday.......said they will order me a new radio but will take 4 to 6 weeks.........

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Went to dealer yesterday.......said they will order me a new radio but will take 4 to 6 weeks.........

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about your Uconnect system. If you need any additional assistance during this time please feel free to reach out.

Alison
RamCares

Don Dellinger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
My radio screen is doing the separation thing but not doing the random button selection or clock thing. Is this covered by any warranty ? Mine is a 2018 Rebel with 21000 miles. If it isn't covered by factory warranty, I do have an extended warranty that covers the electronics.

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My radio screen is doing the separation thing but not doing the random button selection or clock thing. Is this covered by any warranty ? Mine is a 2018 Rebel with 21000 miles. If it isn't covered by factory warranty, I do have an extended warranty that covers the electronics.

Yes ...dealer changed mine out on warranty.....

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

ctrevino8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Hydro Blue Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm having the exact same issue with my 2018 and I also live in the Houston area. I have noticed quite a few people on here having issues with these radios. I tried reaching out to @ Ramcares, but it would seem that Ramdoesntcare as I have had no response from them.
20201022_113733.jpg

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Kind of funny you posted this one post after ramcares reached out to of the posters in this thread. Maybe it is ramsometimescares or raminconistentlycares or ramrandomlycares.:)

ctrevino8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Hydro Blue Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Kind of funny you posted this one post after ramcares reached out to of the posters in this thread. Maybe it is ramsometimescares or raminconistentlycares or ramrandomlycares.:)
Yeah, I did that on purpose to see if they would reply. I have reached out to them multiple times in the last few months along with several others on this forum and had no response at all. they have actually reached out to 2 of the posters in this thread as well as others with similar issues in recent threads.

Runner06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Mine looks exactly the same as yours, it’s a 2018 3500 mega cab
4x4 with a Cummins! Love the truck but this is a major disappointment! I sure hope Ram stands behind it! I am out of warranty. We had a 2014 Durango with 8.4 screen no problems!
Good Luck!