uConnect + aftermarket system + resistors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mefferz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey all,

Have any of you added resistors between your uConnect (base or Alpine) high level outputs and any aftermarket processors or speakers? An Arc Audio rep strongly suggested adding 30 ohm 5 or 10 watt resistors between each channel wire pair (one leg on positive and one leg on negative) before going into my DQ-61 to troubleshoot some sound quality issues. Attached is a PDF with an explanation and diagrams.

I'm curious if anyone has gone through with this. I haven't experienced any instability issues, but definitely crossover/balance issues. Any feedback is appreciated.

Attachments

• Resistor_load_outputs.pdf
    76.1 KB · Views: 72

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alpine you dont need resistors if you have the alpine. its recommended to do a good dsp with it. you have to get the signal after the factory amp.

jimbo1man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Lonestar
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all,

Have any of you added resistors between your uConnect (base or Alpine) high level outputs and any aftermarket processors or speakers? An Arc Audio rep strongly suggested adding 30 ohm 5 or 10 watt resistors between each channel wire pair (one leg on positive and one leg on negative) before going into my DQ-61 to troubleshoot some sound quality issues. Attached is a PDF with an explanation and diagrams.

I'm curious if anyone has gone through with this. I haven't experienced any instability issues, but definitely crossover/balance issues. Any feedback is appreciated.

With speakers there should be no need for resistors!

As for processors, you may need resistors if they don't include a load circuit or similar. Most modern LOC's don't need 'em, so you might need to go that route.

As it turns out, I've got a brand new PAC LOC PRO 7-4, that includes a load circuit, that'll likely end up in the classifieds forum before too long.

OP
OP
M

mefferz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wired up some 30 ohm 10 watt resistors to try tomorrow. I used the axial ceramic type and soldered 3" of 18 gauge wire to each end to make it easier to splice into the signal pairs coming from the uConnect. Pic attached. I'll post back whether it made a difference or not as far as sound quality.

Attachments

• resistors.jpg
    resistors.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 68
OP
OP
M

mefferz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Resistors are installed and the system is working, but I'm going to reserve judgement on any sound quality differences until after I've had a few days of listening time.