Uconnect App

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 Limited with 12" screen. I bought the vehicle used. Is there a way to get a partially functioning Unconnect? In my 16 Silverado the GM app still had stuff like remote start and lock/unlock even if you didn't subscribe to OnStar. Is there anything like that for my Ram? Or do I have to have the Sirus subscription for this any level of functionality?

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
SiriusXM Guardian is what you need for the remote lock/unlock, remote start and flash lights/ sound horn. ( Not to be confused with SiriusXM radio )
It should be good for 1 year. Then it’s a paid subscription if you want it to continue.
On my IPhone, it’s a blue app icon with a U on it. Not sure since you bought it used, if the remainder is transferable.

OP
OP
Todd C

Todd C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Ram/Uconnect/Sirius thing is very confusing. Specifically the Sirius part. You have Sirus Radio (1 year free then subscription), Then there is Sirius Travel Link (5 years free (looks like this is transferable to new owner). Weather, sports scores, gas prices etc...). Then their is Sirius Guardian. I think that this is basically the Onstar equivelent - combo of roadside/navigation as well as the remote stuff through the app. 1 year for free (don't think this is transferable).

In my Silverado there was just Onstar. They separated all the Onstar services from the controls in the App. So the remote start, door locks, horn etc.. all was free for 5 years.

I guess I'll call the dealership and see what they say.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963