Uconnect Cost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kulvir Bhogal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 turbo diesel
Hi,
I went to my local Ram dealership and I asked about getting my Connect software updated. They told me that I am not entitled to updates after a year.
I have a 2016 Ram 1500. However, when I go to driveuconnect.com I am told that there is a software update is available and I can download it and install it.

My questions are:
Is there a entitlement period for the Uconnect updates?

I believe the yearly subscription fee is for Connect access, which I really don't need. However, I would like to be able to receive software updates for my vehicle.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is nothing saying they have to do the radio updates after the first year. Some dealers will do it and some won't.... just do it yourself, it's easy and there's even a "how to" video on the Uconnect website.

Last edited:

marks146

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Hi,
I went to my local Ram dealership and I asked about getting my Connect software updated. They told me that I am not entitled to updates after a year.
I have a 2016 Ram 1500. However, when I go to driveuconnect.com I am told that there is a software update is available and I can download it and install it.

My questions are:
Is there a entitlement period for the Uconnect updates?

I believe the yearly subscription fee is for Connect access, which I really don't need. However, I would like to be able to receive software updates for my vehicle.

I just updated mine while it was parked in my driveway. It took about an hour to complete, which included restoring the APP's with the help of Uconnect. It's more trouble downloading it to a microSD card than it is doing the actual update. It kind of does it by itself.

OP
OP
K

Kulvir Bhogal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 turbo diesel
So how long will I be able to get the Uconnect updates for? Just curious to how long Uconnect will provide updates for a vehicle. Mine is a 2016 and I seem to currently be entitled to an update that I can download from the website.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I just download and install myself, is easy on my 2013 8.4a. Installed a 2015 8.4an and do same with it. I would rather do it myself.