UConnect odd on and off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2013 has the 8.4 Uconnect with nav etc. Worked correctly until the Summer. It then began to sometimes come on correctly and other times not. When it does not come on, upon vehicle start up, the screen will show the Ram icon and then go blank. It will frequently but irregularly appear and then go blank. One in a while but very rarely it will come on and stay on as it should at start up. In the last month with the cold external temperatures it will come on correctly, but only when it is cold and first started for the day. Any further starting that day, I get the blank screen. Occasionally it seems as it may be happening if the truck has been sitting for 2 or 3 days in the cold. !!!???

Swezey23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same experience with my 2017 RAM with 8.4 Uconnect w/ Nav...Checked my battery, its still going strong.
I had enough. I ordered a Kenwood DMX1057XR w/ all the trimmings. The unit came in today. I'm hoping all the adapters and the install kit comes Friday so I can tackle the install before I go to DC on Sunday.

Ramisgood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have two trucks with UConnect that is messed up, a 2022 and a 2018. The stealership gives me a one finger salute on making the one under warranty work and want to rob me blind on the other. The elder is supposedly 4 upgrades behind and they'll update for me for $200 each upgrade. Supposedly there is a new update in the works for the newer trucks that will correct all the flaws I've read about. I do NOT trust UConnect nor Stellantis for anything; their credibility is zero.

Swezey23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't test my battery under load. So noted for the next time. But yeah during the install of my new HU, the battery quickly drained and I couldn't get the trucker to even turn over. Had to pop the cover to manually release the truck into neutral so I can get it aligned with the wife's AMG for the jump cables.
I wasn't able to test if that would have fixed the issue or not, but could be related if the OEM HU is sensitive to voltage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990