2014 Ram 2500 Radio Shuts Off and On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rudy_21_Idaho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 Ram 2500 with a stock radio (model RA2). Worked fine for many years, then one day it randomly shut off, then came back on... and off again, and on again, ...repeat.
If the radio is ON, it plays for about 2-3 minutes, then shuts off for 20 seconds (goes to black screen), then comes back on to the song it was playing. This cycle never ends.

I've tried a radio reset, disconnecting the battery, and changing fuses, with no luck.

My next step may be to replace the whole radio?
Hopefully someone can offer some help. Thanks!

IMG_3769.jpg

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a 2014 Ram 2500 with a stock radio (model RA2). Worked fine for many years, then one day it randomly shut off, then came back on... and off again, and on again, ...repeat.
If the radio is ON, it plays for about 2-3 minutes, then shuts off for 20 seconds (goes to black screen), then comes back on to the song it was playing. This cycle never ends.

I've tried a radio reset, disconnecting the battery, and changing fuses, with no luck.

My next step may be to replace the whole radio?
Hopefully someone can offer some help. Thanks!

View attachment 537411
Replacing it is fairly straightforward and better prices can be had from salvage yards as opposed to new. The whole process takes about 15-20 minutes. If you have some disposable income, it might be a great time to look into upgrading to an OEM 8.4 radio or aftermarket too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357