UConnect Remote Start reviews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FlyTJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was considering subscribing to UConnect so i can remote start my vehicle through the app. I've got the factory installed remote start.

Looking through a ton of threats I'm not seeing anyone reporting issues or frustration. Curious how folks with the factory remote start through UConnect like it and whether it's worth the $xx per month. I think the UConnect app might be worth it just to be able to make sure I locked my truck!

Thanks
TJ

vdemarco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't renew it. My issue with the UConnect guardian was it was very slow and unreliable to find the truck. Basically nothing on the app happened instantaneously or 100% of the time.

For me it seemed expensive for what it did. To be honest i didn't really need those features, so saving money was the goal.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the idea behind it but the functionality of it sucks. I got it with my newly purchased 21 and I only used it twice and that was only to try it out. I find that there is so much lag in the app that it's almost not useable. I logged into the app then hit the start function and waited and waited and waited some more and it finally started the truck. I was literally only 40 or 50 feet away from the truck and had great cellular service. The process seemed like it took forever but in reality it was about 90 secs to 2 minutes for it to work. It was the same thing when I tried to cancel the process. It's just easier to use the fob

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've seen nothing But posts about frustration with it. I didn't renew it when the free trial was up. Never worked worth a darn for me. The remote start worked maybe 40% of the time and took forever. Quicker to just walk within FOB range and remote start it with that..

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had it on my 15 ED, U Connect, lousy. So when I bought MY 19, I only have a Uconnect 4 Radio: no NAV/SIRIUS/other BS. Does not update over the air, works great. What I got a cell phone and Apple Car Play for. I just point FOB out door at truck and remote start.

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
I used it once when we were in -20F temps in Mn at a school play. Called it in on app about 20 mins before end of play to warm truck. It was good for that but that’s the lot. As people say you send request and sit and wait for it to happen. With a heated garage and key fob, what point? Especially as it costs a fortune each month.
my local dealer is Chrysler and Ford and they tell me Fords App is free, not just the trial but I can’t confirm.
Not for me I am afraid. Also, I live in WI out on boonies and last KNOWN location shown for my truck was…….
May 31at **** Rapids MN when I bought it for crying out loud!

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use it and don’t have a problem with it. It has come in handy several times when I was at work and walked out to my truck to get something and realized I didn’t have my keys. It takes a bit for the truck to receive the signal, but it’s always worked for me.

living on the gulf coast where it’s hot enough to cook on the concrete, it sure is nice to be able to crank the truck from my office and have it cool by the time I get out to it.

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
I had it in my 15 RAM and my wifes 18 Jeep has it, I was surpried and disapointed that my 19 RAM doesn't have it.
Hers works quite well especially at work. Mine was slow and erratic at home but usually worked good when out and about.
I dropped it after the free trail till they came out with a much reduced rate at that time I sighned back up.

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I'm in my free trial right now and I have to say... IT SUCKS. I can't believe that they charge for this unreliable system. It's not cheap either.

The other day, I'm 95% sure I forgot ton lock my truck, so I decided, heck I'm going to use the app right? Wrong. I must have sent 10 lock requests which were all unsuccessful.
Fully closed the app, even rebooted my phone. It worked about 30 minutes later. I would have had the time to walk back to my truck then lock it.

Useless garbage and I will not spend to get it renewed. It was expected and I was aware before buying my RAM.

My wife has MyStart Plus on her 2016 Hyundai Accent and my Dad has Blue Link on his Tucson and those work pretty much every time.

Wirerat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The vehicle receives a sms message with the command. I think it may be on t-mobile since that is the Hotspot obd device they sent me. I never used it though. Still in the packaging.

Tmobile service sucks in a lot of areas. So I can see how that may be an issue.

dkarnes87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I live in south TX and it’s honestly been great. Does it work all the time? Honestly it works about 95% of the time. And that’s in my driveway, in parking lots… even deep in my work parking garage downtown. It’s really nice to have it cool things off before I get in so I’m not sweating through my shirt for the first 5 minutes of being in, plus cooking things down for the wife and kids before they get in is really nice. Maybe I’m just lucky but I haven’t experienced the issues other people have with the service. Totally worth it to me.