UConnect Software Update Received--What's in it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

g00fy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
It'd be nice if it came out this month, my truck has about 3 or 4 recalls that I've been waiting on doing, it'd be nice if i could also have my radio updated while it's there.

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
It'd be nice if it came out this month, my truck has about 3 or 4 recalls that I've been waiting on doing, it'd be nice if i could also have my radio updated while it's there.

I'm in the same boat. Its a pain to take my truck to the dealer and I only want to go once.

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if we do get a update it probably would be 22.5 which my current radio has.on some songs its not that bad on others it sounds like absolute crap.i'm torn between going aftermarket or putting in a ra4.i don't really use android auto alot but its kinda nice to have.postives and negatives to both. it would be perfect if the uaq i have didn't sound like crap thats what frustrates me most.

g00fy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I broke down and went to the dealer to get my recalls done Friday, while i was there I was talking with the service rep who seemed like a pretty good dude. I told him that i did a 2018 Panasonic UAQ swap on my 2015 and he was all interested because he said him and the techs had talked about it but were not sure if it was possible, so he was all excited to check it out and play with it. He also asked me a handful of questions about the install. After he was done asking me questions I asked him if they had any updates come through for it since the audio sounds like crap, and the voice volumes are all screwed up.

He checked in his system to see if they had any updates come through, and according to him the newest update they had for the UAQ was 21.9 and he hadn't heard of anything newer coming down the pipe.

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
He checked in his system to see if they had any updates come through, and according to him the newest update they had for the UAQ was 21.9 and he hadn't heard of anything newer coming down the pipe.

That sucks. Those of you with the UAQ system that are still waiting for an update, you have my sympathy.

HTXRamExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm glad to know (sort of) that my UAS needs an update and my radio isn't suppose to be yelling text message notifications at me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.2
If I have been reading right all the UAQ radios are the same except the mounting brackets. I have one in a 16 challenger that I'm trying to figure out the software numbers. None of the ones you guys posted even come close to mine so hopefully you can shed some light for me. I'll include a pic of the Dealer screen. Thanks
uconnect sw.jpg

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Panasonic radios are not like the harmons as far as being pretty much universal.the application/firmware are all over the place and almost vehicle platform specific.the only thing I can verify is a pre 18 300/challenger Panasonic will play in a ram but all the functions do not work like some of the menu text is missing and no screen options it's stuck with a chrysler boot screen.and a 19 compass uaq works like it should in a ram.although it's differant. In that you can choose between about 6 vehicles for the nav icon.and I have heard of a Durango Panasonic not even powering up in a 18 ram.I know of couple people that even used 200 ra4s in a ram even though infotainment.com said that wasn'the possible.

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Wife and I test drove a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Alpine system with Nav. At one point I fiddled with the stereo. Wow, was it bass heavy. It was as bad, if not worse, than my 2018 8.4 non-nav with the hosed-up 21.9 application version. I so wanted to enter the tech service menu and see what software version it was running but I didn't because the sales rep was in the vehicle with me.

Is it possible the 2019 Alpine systems with Nav have got a screwed up, bass heavy, software update installed?

g00fy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Wife and I test drove a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Alpine system with Nav. At one point I fiddled with the stereo. Wow, was it bass heavy. It was as bad, if not worse, than my 2018 8.4 non-nav with the hosed-up 21.9 application version. I so wanted to enter the tech service menu and see what software version it was running but I didn't because the sales rep was in the vehicle with me.

Is it possible the 2019 Alpine systems with Nav have got a screwed up, bass heavy, software update installed?

Probly, if i'm not mistaken aren't the Alpine systems just the standard RAx or UAx head units with an external amp and extra speakers?