UConnect Software Update Received--What's in it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Once again time for my weekly email, phone call, and (hopefully) Twitter response to a UConnect tweet.

U1arunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been doing the same thing minus the Twitter. I'm so freaking sick and tired of the ******** from uconnect.

Cstan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Once again time for my weekly email, phone call, and (hopefully) Twitter response to a UConnect tweet.
Crossing my fingers for good news. I'd really like to know what music sounds like again

Cstan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been doing the same thing minus the Twitter. I'm so freaking sick and tired of the ******** from uconnect.
Same here bud. They aren't even replying to me anymore and my phone social skills are non existent so I try to steer clear of the calls. I haven't even heard a peep from @ramcares in forever come to think of it.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a friend that was about to drop $40k on a new 2018 until I told him about the UConnect issues. He's looking at other options now.

Id be interested to see what a salesman says when you test drive a brand new 2018 (or presumably a 2019 Classic) and comment on how crappy the audio sounds......then tell them you wont buy it unless its fixed.

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Has anyone tried loading an older version of the software on a USB stick and see if you can "upgrade" to the older software?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone tried loading an older version of the software on a USB stick and see if you can "upgrade" to the older software?

I dont have a dog in this fight but my understanding is that the first thing the update process does is check to make sure its newer than what is already installed. If its older, the flash process wont even start.

It sure would have been nice (for everyone, not just those with crappy audio now) if UConnect gave the ability to go backwards even if it required some special process.

musicwatkins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6 cylinder
While my truck was in the shop getting the radio replaced they gave me a 2019 as a loaner, the stereo sounded great.

Cstan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did anyone get any credible information from the incompetent folks at uconnect??? I didn't.

Zabbu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well after suffering with you guys since the very beginning my truck stereo exploded today.... I presume this ****** update was sending bad signals to the amps? All I know is I was driving down the road then *boom* the volume is beyond 100% distorted and loud. I reset the vehicle and nothing helps. Even when I was on the phone with the dealer my uconnect gave me a speed limit warning and almost blew the speakers. I drop her back off on Monday. Worst and most expensive vehicle purchase of my life. I think this coupled with the ****** air-ride issues is finally pushing me to the point of paying an attorney. That’s less than the $10,000 I’m upside down on it. I can’t even trade the damn thing in! I’ll update if the dealer works some kind of magic and calms me down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

et todd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I doubt the dealer can do anything even if they get you a new radio they come with the crap application.I replaced my uaq with a tried and true 8.4 an of course you loose carplay.if I knew the uaqs went to crap I would have went with a truck optioned differant.

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Pretty soon it will be 3 months since UConnect screwed up our stereos. I think I will call Chrysler Capital (bank originating my lease) and also my dealer and see if I can get out of my lease.

Pretty sure I won't be able to without losing a lot of money but I figure raising the possibility of breaking the lease will definitely highlight the problem with UConnect and my stereo.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would have replied with "as soon as I can replace my truck with one from a company that doesnt kill their radios and ignore ever fixing them".