UConnect Software Update Received--What's in it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donutsahoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I think it’s time for a lawsuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donutsahoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Actually, I was replying to their question. It was not them replying to my tweet.

Good to hear that because I was beginning to sharpen my pitchfork... lol

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Good to hear that because I was beginning to sharpen my pitchfork... lol

Yes, if you read it as them replying to me it could be seen as quite provocative!

Zabbu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone have a link to download the uconnect version that worked fine (before this one)? The uconnect website is broken and throwing errors when i try to download it myself. I'm a software engineer and i'd like to get my hands on it and try to hack it to reflect a version higher than the current broken one.

I'm sick of waiting for a fix, so if i can just update it to the prior version and 'trick it' to think it's newer than the broken one, it may be good to go.

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Does anyone have a link to download the uconnect version that worked fine (before this one)? The uconnect website is broken and throwing errors when i try to download it myself. I'm a software engineer and i'd like to get my hands on it and try to hack it to reflect a version higher than the current broken one.

I'm sick of waiting for a fix, so if i can just update it to the prior version and 'trick it' to think it's newer than the broken one, it may be good to go.

Nope. Prior versions don't exist for our consumption. And even if it did exist, your radio wouldn't accept the roll back. Or so I've been told a dozen times by FCA UConnect. If you figure out a hack, PLEASE let us know.

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
So frustrating. Next Tuesday will be three months.

I tried to contact Chrysler Capital, the bank underwriting my lease, but every time I press 0 to connect to a customer service rep, their phone system hangs up on me.

I did get a hold of the finance guy at the dealer where I got my lease and told him my story. He's going to check into what would need to be done for me to get out of my 2018 lease and get into a 2019.

T-Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hate to say it but... the whole Uconnect issue along with two recalls, massive intermittent lifter noise on startup, a broken A/C (only cools on MAX...dealer says that's the way it's supposed to work) along with a couple interior rattles I can't locate just may push me to a Chevrolet dealer for a test drive. I never had any of these issues with my 07'. Sometimes you don't know what you've got until it's gone . Arrruuuggghhh

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Hate to say it but... the whole Uconnect issue along with two recalls, massive intermittent lifter noise on startup, a broken A/C (only cools on MAX...dealer says that's the way it's supposed to work) along with a couple interior rattles I can't locate just may push me to a Chevrolet dealer for a test drive. I never had any of these issues with my 07'. Sometimes you don't know what you've got until it's gone . Arrruuuggghhh

I'd escalate that A/C problem to regional level so fast the dealer's service managers head would spin and fall off.

The two recalls are disappointing, but were a quick fix, and are no behind me.

The UConnect stereo issue sucks, they better fix that!

I'd make a tech ride along with me and have that person find those rattles.

Is the lifter noise a known issue with the hemis? That would bother me for sure, but if there were no long term harm being done I would try to forget about it.

Since you're not getting satisfaction, maybe you should take your truck to another dealer's service department?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

See link in my signature (or 'started by' under my profile) for the 13-18 8.4 Nav radio fw info thread. I've got a link for UAQ (USA) v18.14 if you can find a way to get it to load

M² Mods.

Cstan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm no programmer, but I believe you would have to somehow rename every file in the previous version to a "newer" version to trick it. By default, the radios check the version num and if it's not newer than the previous files it will yank the e-brake so to speak. At least that's my understanding from what I have learned from everyone here on ramforum.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the installer compares the version it is installing to the version already installed. If the new version is lower it just poops out and refuses to install.

I downloaded the latest and opened it with 7zip. There are 3 iso images, but for some reason I can't mount the installer image as a drive (says it's corrupt). I was able to mount the other 2, though.

There are a few files with version numbers in them, would be interesting if it's as simple as changing those numbers and repacking everything. I figure there is a CRC check involved somewhere so it might no be that easy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

T-Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd escalate that A/C problem to regional level so fast the dealer's service managers head would spin and fall off.

The two recalls are disappointing, but were a quick fix, and are no behind me.

The UConnect stereo issue sucks, they better fix that!

I'd make a tech ride along with me and have that person find those rattles.

Is the lifter noise a known issue with the hemis? That would bother me for sure, but if there were no long term harm being done I would try to forget about it.

Since you're not getting satisfaction, maybe you should take your truck to another dealer's service department?

The truck is at the dealer's today for the latest recall. Hoping to get some traction on the A/C issue and the rattle while it's there. Like you said....if they can't fix these issues I will be driving to another dealer an hour away. The intermittent lifter noise may be something I just have to learn to live with and from what I can tell happens to a lot of Hemi owners...seems like it'***** or miss. After dropping the truck off at service dept today I drove a Chevrolet 1500 w/5.3 as well as a Ford with the 3.6 Eco boost and wasn't impressed with either. Nothing compares to the Hemi as far as performance goes. Sure hoping they can resolve these headaches and make me fall in love again with my RAM.

Zabbu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think the installer compares the version it is installing to the version already installed. If the new version is lower it just poops out and refuses to install.

I downloaded the latest and opened it with 7zip. There are 3 iso images, but for some reason I can't mount the installer image as a drive (says it's corrupt). I was able to mount the other 2, though.

There are a few files with version numbers in them, would be interesting if it's as simple as changing those numbers and repacking everything. I figure there is a CRC check involved somewhere so it might no be that easy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Do you have the link for this file? For some reason i cannot dig up a link and the Uconnect website just errors for me.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7