Under hood cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
every car i have ever owned i use a power washer on it. never had any issues. if something happens then you have a loose connection or bad wire or something on that order. though i do only spray certain things from a little bit of a distance.

nussdawg395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I always have used the washers at the carwash. Set to engine degrease, automatically sets to low water pressure and I spray it all down, leave it sit for a few mins, then rinse it all off. I try and stay away from direct blowing on the TB and ALT and filter area but I've cleaned my battery and everything with no issues. not saying this is right or something bad couldn't happen to you but I've never had a problem.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I'm gonna try this stuff I found in my dads basement.........dusted it off.........could just make out a few letters.......T...N....T./... Think this stuff is any good? Hold on , lights went out, I need a match..................

OP
OP
cwakefld

cwakefld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha!^^
I just used some Gunk engine degreaser. I put Walmart bags over the battery, alternator and fuse box. Sprayed a little WD-40 on the coil packs. Then hosed the bay down with the Gunk. Waited 15-20 minutes and rinsed gently with a garden hose. It worked ok. I think it needs to be gently scrubbed with a brush. The coil packs are what concerns me. I really would like to scrub the tops of the valve covers etc.. But it's not worth tearing anything up. I really with I had painted the engine before I put it in. But, I had a finite amount of time to get it done and wasn't really worried about painting. I do wish I had painted the new engine, then let it dry while we pulled the old one. Oh well, hindsight and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk