Unfamiliar part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hello y’all,I have a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 and I took it the mechanic a while ago because it doesn’t seem to turn on. He came up with piece being broken but nowhere have we been able to find this piece anywhere. I wonder if anyone knows what it is.

View media item 30278
View media item 30279View media item 30279
What you have there is the timing cover from an 8.0 V10. Did your mechanic say which part was damaged? Was it the oil pump?

FYI, the oil pump is behind the pentastar-ish shaped 5-bolt cover on the inside at the bottom where the nose of the crankshaft sticks out.

OP
OP
R

Rahuuuul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
What you have there is the timing cover from an 8.0 V10. Did your mechanic say which part was damaged? Was it the oil pump?

FYI, the oil pump is behind the pentastar-ish shaped 5-bolt cover on the inside at the bottom where the nose of the crankshaft sticks out.
I believe it was the cover itself. Ive tried searching it up everywhere but I can’t find the one that I have.