Update made time off 2 hours and GPS lost...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemisNHarleys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just bought my 17 in September and I know I’ve had at least one system update since then.

Apparently Saturday night it must have done an update, came out yesterday to the clock off by 2 hours (it was daylight savings and should have went back 1 hour- mine went 2)

Also, I went to use the GPS today with an address I used last week and the truck literally has no clue where I am. Map is not my location at all.

I’m a noob with this system, so sorry if it’s some sort of common occurrence. Just trying to figure out if I need to bring it to the dealer or not.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Sounds like you didn't get the latest update that was for fixing the GPS roll over date this weekend. Do you know what version you are on now? It's under settings/system information. You should be 18.45.01 (or 18.xx.xx something)

steven_sbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought my 17 in September and I know I’ve had at least one system update since then.

Apparently Saturday night it must have done an update, came out yesterday to the clock off by 2 hours (it was daylight savings and should have went back 1 hour- mine went 2)

Also, I went to use the GPS today with an address I used last week and the truck literally has no clue where I am. Map is not my location at all.

I’m a noob with this system, so sorry if it’s some sort of common occurrence. Just trying to figure out if I need to bring it to the dealer or not.
Yep, you need the software update. My 2017 did the same thing on November 3. GPS is lost, time is off, the end of the world as we know it. Go to www.driveuconnect.com, click support, software update, enter your full VIN, it will tell you how to do the update with a USB drive. Your truck should have prompted you to do an over the air update. Good luck if that works. My OTA update has failed twice so far. I'll do the USB update tomorrow.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your VIN does not show the update availabnle, head over to this thread: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/ro...sw-update-13-17-ra3-vp3-na-ra4-vp4-na.150150/

The file is available there in post #3. Multiple people (including myself) have used it, so its definitely a working copy. Just make sure you get the correct version:

RA3 (didnt come with nav from factory but someone paid for a code to activate it) or

RA4 (came from factory with nav, also has HD radio, etc)

OP
OP
HemisNHarleys

HemisNHarleys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks!

Yep, you need the software update. My 2017 did the same thing on November 3. GPS is lost, time is off, the end of the world as we know it. Go to www.driveuconnect.com, click support, software update, enter your full VIN, it will tell you how to do the update with a USB drive. Your truck should have prompted you to do an over the air update. Good luck if that works. My OTA update has failed twice so far. I'll do the USB update tomorrow.

OP
OP
HemisNHarleys

HemisNHarleys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you!

If your VIN does not show the update availabnle, head over to this thread: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/ro...sw-update-13-17-ra3-vp3-na-ra4-vp4-na.150150/

The file is available there in post #3. Multiple people (including myself) have used it, so its definitely a working copy. Just make sure you get the correct version:

RA3 (didnt come with nav from factory but someone paid for a code to activate it) or

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

this definitely works. Used it on my RA4 on Sunday and it worked great. Took about 20 minutes or so.

cwickgo9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Thanks - this was exactly what I needed. Radio and GPS seem to be working again.

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks! I am downloading the RA3 version now. My GPS out of nowhere started going crazy, not knowing where I was, time is off, then it goes normal, then off again. Hopefully this is the issue.

I went to the driveuconnect website and put in my VIN and it says update available, then when I try to apply it in the truck I get an error stating mismatch of VP3/VP4.... so strange. Fingers crossed this works. I'm really not feeling like dealing with the dealer, everytime I have had to for radio/gps issues its a debacle since I have the RA3 which didn't come with GPS, I get bewildered looks etc.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks! I am downloading the RA3 version now. My GPS out of nowhere started going crazy, not knowing where I was, time is off, then it goes normal, then off again. Hopefully this is the issue.

I went to the driveuconnect website and put in my VIN and it says update available, then when I try to apply it in the truck I get an error stating mismatch of VP3/VP4.... so strange. Fingers crossed this works. I'm really not feeling like dealing with the dealer, everytime I have had to for radio/gps issues its a debacle since I have the RA3 which didn't come with GPS, I get bewildered looks etc.

model year 2013?

Before you flash the RA3, do you KNOW if it is an RA3 or RA4?

Do you know the current software version it has?

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
model year 2013?

Before you flash the RA3, do you KNOW if it is an RA3 or RA4?

Do you know the current software version it has?

Mine is an RA3 and its on 16.16.13 - I think I need to be on the 17.x version first before I can go to 18. I just want my GPS and time back to normal lol

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine is an RA3 and its on 16.16.13 - I think I need to be on the 17.x version first before I can go to 18. I just want my GPS and time back to normal lol

You can try going directly to 18, I think most others have not had any issues. If you do get a model year mismatch, then try 17.x first.

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You can try going directly to 18, I think most others have not had any issues. If you do get a model year mismatch, then try 17.x first.

Is there a version of 17.x available anywhere for RA3? I can't find anything in the 17x other than for RA4

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Well, no dice, not the 17 version or the 18 version. Both say contact the dealer, it seems the OTA update really jacked my stuff up. Now the dealership says need to replace radio which I know is total BS and if so I don't feel that I should have to pay for Uconnect breaking it with OTA updates. It worked great until it forced an update on me I don't even need or want. Arggggg

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, no dice, not the 17 version or the 18 version. Both say contact the dealer, it seems the OTA update really jacked my stuff up. Now the dealership says need to replace radio which I know is total BS and if so I don't feel that I should have to pay for Uconnect breaking it with OTA updates. It worked great until it forced an update on me I don't even need or want. Arggggg

The radio is still from model year 2013, yes?

If you tried to install the 17.43.01 version linked above, it wont work....those versions are model year specific, so the "model year mismatch" error you see there is actually valid.

Let me look around to see if I can manage to find the RA3 17.43.01 for MY13.

-Chris

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The radio is still from model year 2013, yes?

If you tried to install the 17.43.01 version linked above, it wont work....those versions are model year specific, so the "model year mismatch" error you see there is actually valid.

Let me look around to see if I can manage to find the RA3 17.43.01 for MY13.

-Chris
Thanks so much. Yes mine is a 2013, which didn't come with NAV, you had to pay extra and then download some code etc. That really confuses the dealer lol

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks so much. Yes mine is a 2013, which didn't come with NAV, you had to pay extra and then download some code etc. That really confuses the dealer lol

Hehe i bet a lot of things confuse a lot of dealers :) like "why are you coming back here? we already took your money"

Have you updated your maps? I thought a few people had an issue with 18.x because of that too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demon Hunter 441